SAU Community

Keen As Mustard To Sell

rehab2010

still in uni atm >.>q

Let me know how you managed to score a GTR. Assuming you are at the most 24 given that you said you were under 25. You could have only been working for a max of say 8 years if you dropped out of school at 16, I am assuming that is not the case so maybe you started working at 18, you wouldnt have a high paying job as no-one would pay an unexperienced 18 yo much money unless you are a rock star or celebrity, however I am going to assume that is not the case either.

Assuming that you have an average paying job for the last 6 years being that you started working at 18, after tax, going out, general expenses and not even including rent, board etc you would not have enough money saved or even enough income to support a loan on a GTR.

Now you say you are "still" at Uni so I am now going to assume that you have been there for at least 2 years which would mean that you have at least finished secondary school so you could have only had a job now for a max of 4 years which once again unless you were a computer genius or own your own social network site, no bank would give you any money for a GTR and you definately couldnt have saved enough.

I see only three conclusions here, one is that you won tattslotto which the odds of that are 27,489,577:1, very unlikely. Second, your parents gave you the money, possible but pretty stupid of your parents. Or the third conclusion is that your talking crap.

Make your own conclusions.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty bad assumptions man^

Plenty of people under 25 these days are well off with all sorts of reasons to be. Hell, play the stock market right wit 20k during the GFC and you could have easily turned that into GTR money.

This assumtion isn't too bad at all...But yeah, parents bought this car for me.

please be gentle on me...lol

btw, i'm an international student so taxing policy doesn't really work on me...(just saying)

Let me know how you managed to score a GTR. Assuming you are at the most 24 given that you said you were under 25. You could have only been working for a max of say 8 years if you dropped out of school at 16, I am assuming that is not the case so maybe you started working at 18, you wouldnt have a high paying job as no-one would pay an unexperienced 18 yo much money unless you are a rock star or celebrity, however I am going to assume that is not the case either.

Assuming that you have an average paying job for the last 6 years being that you started working at 18, after tax, going out, general expenses and not even including rent, board etc you would not have enough money saved or even enough income to support a loan on a GTR.

Now you say you are "still" at Uni so I am now going to assume that you have been there for at least 2 years which would mean that you have at least finished secondary school so you could have only had a job now for a max of 4 years which once again unless you were a computer genius or own your own social network site, no bank would give you any money for a GTR and you definately couldnt have saved enough.

I see only three conclusions here, one is that you won tattslotto which the odds of that are 27,489,577:1, very unlikely. Second, your parents gave you the money, possible but pretty stupid of your parents. Or the third conclusion is that your talking crap.

Edited by fireboy

At least they CAN get an insurance quote!

Since i'm under the age at 25, no insurance will cover my r35....

Talk to AAMI, I got insurance for my fez which is worth a lot more than any R35, covered for $250k (got it revalued for $280k agreed price) and my excess is $500 + 200 for age excess, My premium costs less than when I first got insurance for my r33 gtst on p plates and that car was only insured for $16k.

Ive always had insurance with AAMI/Justcar, my parents and GF use them aswell, called the sydney branch and they said they couldn't do it. Called Melbourne head office and threatened to take the rest of my cars, my parents cars, my gf's cars, and my properties, parents properties away from AAMI insurance and then they gave me full comp for the fez. Give it a go, what have you got to loose?

My next option was Shannons but they won't touch me because i'm under 25

coolies! a another dude also gave me some suggestion!!

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see how it goes...

Thanks again...

Talk to AAMI, I got insurance for my fez which is worth a lot more than any R35, covered for $250k (got it revalued for $280k agreed price) and my excess is $500 + 200 for age excess, My premium costs less than when I first got insurance for my r33 gtst on p plates and that car was only insured for $16k.

Ive always had insurance with AAMI/Justcar, my parents and GF use them aswell, called the sydney branch and they said they couldn't do it. Called Melbourne head office and threatened to take the rest of my cars, my parents cars, my gf's cars, and my properties, parents properties away from AAMI insurance and then they gave me full comp for the fez. Give it a go, what have you got to loose?

Even if his parents didn't buy the GTR for him, your assuming he is earning an income doing a 9-5 job.... reality is a lot of people don't work 9-5 office jobs, some people have good luck, start their own business, got into real estate from a young age or as birds said, got very lucky on the ASX... that or a dealer lol

This assumtion isn't too bad at all...But yeah, parents bought this car for me.

please be gentle on me...lol

btw, i'm an international student so taxing policy doesn't really work on me...(just saying)

Sorry just saw your an international student. International licence? Little driving history in this country.... probably would make it harder for insurance, but yeah talk to AAMI, still worth a shot.

You would at least want 3rd party insurance incase you happen to somehow cause $30mil damage in the single accident lol

Pretty bad assumptions man^

Plenty of people under 25 these days are well off with all sorts of reasons to be. Hell, play the stock market right wit 20k during the GFC and you could have easily turned that into GTR money.

I should have bought some shares I didnt realise you could see an 900% increase for you money in the last 2 years. I must be in the wrong game.

Edited by g35me

I should have bought some shares I didnt realise you could see an 900% increase for you money in the last 2 years. I must be in the wrong game.

..... It has happened, 1 cent shares turning into $ shares in a few years, unlikely but if your the bugger that picks the winner your cheering untill you think you can do it again and loose the lot.

Can I ask how you could afford your car? :laugh:

I'm 20 and I struggled to pay for a R34 lol

It's very rare but it does happen. Then you go and wrote a book on investing and live off the suckers who buy it. GFC was once in a lifetime kind of share trading opportunity though.

Gambling on shares carries with it an inherent risk no matter how you go about it, but I had no less than 10 companies on my share watchlist before the GFC that got sold into the ground when things turned to shit and saw a 6/7/8 fold recovery no more than 18 months later. Problem is that most, including me, panicked or got margin called and got out of shares when we should have been buying up big time. A few saw opportunity and bought in, now rolling in it. Even the king of bluechips BHP doubled in price from it's GFC low...that was always gonna be a fairly safe bet.

20/20 hindsight.

Even if his parents didn't buy the GTR for him, your assuming he is earning an income doing a 9-5 job.... reality is a lot of people don't work 9-5 office jobs, some people have good luck, start their own business, got into real estate from a young age or as birds said, got very lucky on the ASX... that or a dealer lol

Sorry just saw your an international student. International licence? Little driving history in this country.... probably would make it harder for insurance, but yeah talk to AAMI, still worth a shot.

You would at least want 3rd party insurance incase you happen to somehow cause $30mil damage in the single accident lol

Nah man, i got an QLD Open Licence so i should be ok!!

Can I ask how you could afford your car? :banana:

I'm 20 and I struggled to pay for a R34 lol

Sell the skyline and use the money to invest in something that should makle you money, not drain your pockets dry, plenty of time for skylines later in life.

having said that i bought my gtst at 20 so i did the opposite of what i just told you to do????

Parents buying sons R35 GTR's, under 25 year olds owning Ferrari's, you sons of bitches!

Hey I still wish my life was simple and my parents could have bought me an R35, although i would have sold that and put a deposit on an appartment in the city instead....and kept my trusty reliable r33

Let me know how you managed to score a GTR.

Im 50 and my 21 year old daughter has just bought a 2nd investment property for $420,000, despite being only a 4th year apprentice.

With no help from Dad other than going guarantor on her loan and living at home board free.

Simple.

start paid work at 14 9 months whilst at school and spend as little as possible.

rise to the top of each position and buy your 1st investment @ 18 by putting down a $20k deposit on $140k appartment.

The rent and full time job pay off unit at 21.

By 21 despite being only a 4th year apprentice, earn $1100 per week after tax (as a chef), plus $200 week from Rental of 1st property.

Mortgage 1st property (now paid off and worth $200k) and receive $100k deposit to buy 4 bed, 2 bath ,double garage home in Glenmore park leased for $520 per week.

But the secret is spend little on a car (7 year old Clio sport), spend little on going out (only goes out once a week) no drugs, no gambling, little drinking, no big holidays but she is going on her 1st holiday next month to Canada.

Im 50 and my 21 year old daughter has just bought a 2nd investment property for $420,000, despite being only a 4th year apprentice.

With no help from Dad other than going guarantor on her loan and living at home board free.

Simple.

start paid work at 14 9 months whilst at school and spend as little as possible.

rise to the top of each position and buy your 1st investment @ 18 by putting down a $20k deposit on $140k appartment.

The rent and full time job pay off unit at 21.

By 21 despite being only a 4th year apprentice, earn $1100 per week after tax (as a chef), plus $200 week from Rental of 1st property.

Mortgage 1st property (now paid off and worth $200k) and receive $100k deposit to buy 4 bed, 2 bath ,double garage home in Glenmore park leased for $520 per week.

But the secret is spend little on a car (7 year old Clio sport), spend little on going out (only goes out once a week) no drugs, no gambling, little drinking, no big holidays but she is going on her 1st holiday next month to Canada.

Dominic, i'm assuming Italian decent? Guess our mediterranean minds think a like :P

All well and good if you are earning that kind of coin and can live for free, but when you are at uni and paying bills that kind of pay is unachievable...until you finish uni :P

All well and good if you are earning that kind of coin and can live for free, but when you are at uni and paying bills that kind of pay is unachievable...until you finish uni :P

The original reply was that it is legally possible to have made a decent amount of money before you are 25. it is possible no matter how much you earn as long as you have a job and a mind set.

Her identical twin sister is a full time uni student but works 3/5 of a full time job, (IE 3 days a week) same story bought an investment unit when she was 19.

Now earns $400 per week and owes about $85k on a unit worth $200+ k.

Its simple spend very little. Her car is a 5 year old Yaris. She does nothing to it but buy Petrol, she carries out her own services and when she upgraded her stereo ($85 on ebay) she looked up youtube and followed the instructions to fit it herself.

It doesnt matter how much you earn, its how much you save.

Every kid is capable of earning over $100 per week from 15-20.

Compound interest makes that about $40k at 21.

Buy the crappiest property you can, so that the tenant pays off the loan for you.

1st gen Aussies have the huge advantage of seeing our parents poor all their lives so know how important it is to get out of the poverty cycle.

I pity the generation who were bought up in a fairly comfy home and did not see the struggle of their grandparents in making a life in the greatest country on Earth. Until you realise that a struggle builds a future, then it is very hard to make tough decisions for your future benefit.

Buy the crappiest property you can, so that the tenant pays off the loan for you.

1st gen Aussies have the huge advantage of seeing our parents poor all their lives so know how important it is to get out of the poverty cycle.

I pity the generation who were bought up in a fairly comfy home and did not see the struggle of their grandparents in making a life in the greatest country on Earth. Until you realise that a struggle builds a future, then it is very hard to make tough decisions for your future benefit.

Well said!!! ;)

Over-simplifying things Dominic^, it is not possible for every kid to do that. You can't declare the process that simple when not everyone has those opportunities because of a different set of cards they were dealt in life from birth...

Over-simplifying things Dominic^, it is not possible for every kid to do that. You can't declare the process that simple when not everyone has those opportunities because of a different set of cards they were dealt in life from birth...

yes it is a vast over simplification, but how many 100's of pages would it take to define every type of person and every situation.

I simply believe that any 15 YO kid living in a major city with good english and average common sense can get a job at KFC or maccas etc and earn over $25k over the next 5 years. What a 15-20 YO old does with his money is another thing.