SAU Community

Nsw Safety Camera Thread

Kujotk

Just as the title says. I've noticed a lot of them around now, 2 new ones are currently being built on silver water road on the M4 on and off north and south bound.

The one on pennant hills road at observatory park @ pennant hills goes off with out fail while i'm waiting at the red light. No body is speeding bad, but people are doing under 10km/hr over the limmit and are probably starting to loose their licences.

Here is the link from the RTA of the current/proposed locations.

Keep a look out guys, it is usually a stupid unintentional mistake.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/downl...a_locations.pdf

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sneaky...

these really test my ADD.

well don't let your ADD loose while your going through a safety camera Terry

2 new ones (one each way) on Great Western Hwy at Westmead being built at the moment. They won't be far off completion either.

They're just as you come up the hill where it goes from 80 to 60 and you have a set of lights to go right onto M4 citybound, and the bus lane on the left.

come to act. all speed cameras have 20 signs before it with the speed you should be doing. undercover car are easily picked out and the vans sit in the same places, you will soon learn where they sit and most people flash you anyway or just slow before a known location. simple.....

This state is starting to feel like Victoria. Might be time to head north....

That sounds like a plan, that or move to Europe.

come to act. all speed cameras have 20 signs before it with the speed you should be doing. undercover car are easily picked out and the vans sit in the same places, you will soon learn where they sit and most people flash you anyway or just slow before a known location. simple.....

i'd rather cut off my right nutt thanks :) lol just kidding. My mate tells me all this good stuff about the act when it comes to driving. ANd is it true there hasn't been a p plate fatality in the act in some ridiculous amount of time? 10 years or more?

i know its a crazy idea and all but you could just drive at the speed limit.

GTFO with your crazy talk! I shall knowingly disregard all road rules and then complain when I get pulled up for it like any other road user!

/sarcasm ;)

i know its a crazy idea and all but you could just drive at the speed limit.

I'm not saying it's right to do it, but these cameras are only getting average drivers, people that are doing usually 1-10km/hr over the limmit, it's hardly worth loosing a licence over. They are not getting dangerous drivers or intentional speeders ect.... everyone goes a few km's over the limmit every now and then, through lack of adequate concentration, road surface, slopes, to get out of someones blind spot ect....

either way thats the law and they are the rules, we have to love them or not participate in the roulette of driving.

I'm not saying it's right to do it, but these cameras are only getting average drivers, people that are doing usually 1-10km/hr over the limmit, it's hardly worth loosing a licence over. They are not getting dangerous drivers or intentional speeders ect.... everyone goes a few km's over the limmit every now and then, through lack of adequate concentration, road surface, slopes, to get out of someones blind spot ect....

either way thats the law and they are the rules, we have to love them or not participate in the roulette of driving.

check running red lights and speeding at the same time is safe

i am now dumber, thankyou

Just as the title says. I've noticed a lot of them around now, 2 new ones are currently being built on silver water road on the M4 on and off north and south bound.

The one on pennant hills road at observatory park @ pennant hills goes off with out fail while i'm waiting at the red light. No body is speeding bad, but people are doing under 10km/hr over the limmit and are probably starting to loose their licences.

Here is the link from the RTA of the current/proposed locations.

Keep a look out guys, it is usually a stupid unintentional mistake.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/downl...a_locations.pdf

revenue raising bastards

check running red lights and speeding at the same time is safe

i am now dumber, thankyou

Well if you came to that conclusion, then I think you were already missing a few brain cells before opening this page. FYI the signage is very hard to notice, it is a 24 hour speed camera and it doesn't matter if the red light camera part is activated or not, doing 1km/hr over is hardly being unsafe and that is all you need to cop it from one of these, and no one said anything about running red lights, you did that all on your own sweet heart :bunny:

Tom, you know the one on vic ave and showground?? does it work?

Yeah Albert it's been working for over 3 months now. only when heading towards bellavista direction, not when heading to castle hill