SAU Community

Best Clutch For 400rwhp?

well the 5puk sliding performance bitza clutch has let go.. well under power it has...

50,000kms 8 test n tunes 1 powercruise 1 skid pan day and its had enough haha

whats a decent clutch without going single/twin plate crap.. to support 400rwhp and drag days etc?

Edited by l0WRB

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh ok, just have a mate with a twin plate and his gets rebuilt every 10-15k just wears out quickly... and i dont have that kinda money.. didnt think a twin plate would be needed for only 400rwhp.

true. You will have to call him. I cant remember what i paid but it was just over a grand i think. Cheaper if you have a decent clutch plate to rebuild. I warn you though he will chew your ear off.

"ill buy your bloddy clutch just as long as you shut the f**k up Jim!"

i cant justify 2k on a clutch, maybe if i was making 600-800rwhp id consider... surely u dont need to spend 2k on a clutch to handle 400hp.........hrmmm

Jim berry full monty, caramic button with a sprung centre. feels like my heavy duty organic pedal wise except a little more bitey. good for 400hp+ cost from memory was $1350 without a trade in on the old clutch.

2k on a clutch that will 100% hold up for years or 1k for a clutch that might shatter itself all over the place because its on the limit.

I have a OS Giken Comp Twin plate rated at 600hp, The Nismo Copper mix one would be better for the street though imo.

OS also do a milder twin plate rated at 480hp which is cheaper.

Exedy single plate HD button....

cheap and will hold 400hp

agreed.

dispite the fact jim berry will tell you they are rubbish, i have never seen a regular pink cover exedy HD NOT do its job properly... get the early model R32 GTR one (its a lil heavier) 5 puk HD. Will be under 600 for sure.

Also, member here has had a nismo coppermix twin in his car for about 10ks, swears by it ra ra ra... I launched it once..... first non drop launch it had ever done, short hard slip at 5000rpm. say whatever you like, I know what Im doing with a clutch, it STUNK. Definately wouldnt take many of those.

Personally I buy a clutch to cop the hit and change it out more often so Im not replacing gearboxes and enginemounts every 2 weeks.

The HD button isnt too heavy and if you use it right wont smash your gearbox to pieces, also more forgiving on a short slip launch than an organic.

I put one of these said clutches in my NXR turbo 3 years ago, its still going.... who knows how many KS, how many 2nd gear slip launches... how many natio runs... how much half hour long beatings I gave it before I sold it to the noob that has it now. Still going, I see the car regularly, clutch is still holding. Same to be said about a friends S13 done in 2005.

Its a consumable in my eyes, your choice.