SAU Community

Scissor Doors

3u0ch

Jesus, go easy guys...

Mate I got no idea, as I was under the impression scissor doors were an illegal modification in Qld...

I'd say more of a crime against motoring than against the State and/or it's people...

What Col said. Assuming it's to remain a street car, check for legality before you spend a cent.

If you absolutely must go ahead with it - and I really hope you don't, personal preference I guess but I hate scissor doors - then places that handle Autosalon-style cars would likely be your best bet. Check any Hot4's/Autosalon/Fast4's/whatever mag for feature cars with the body mods you're looking for - there will usually be contact details for the shops that have done the work alongside the story. Doing it properly won't be cheap though.

What Col said. Assuming it's to remain a street car, check for legality before you spend a cent.

If you absolutely must go ahead with it - and I really hope you don't, personal preference I guess but I hate scissor doors - then places that handle Autosalon-style cars would likely be your best bet. Check any Hot4's/Autosalon/Fast4's/whatever mag for feature cars with the body mods you're looking for - there will usually be contact details for the shops that have done the work alongside the story. Doing it properly won't be cheap though.

It is illegal unless u can get an autorised engineer to install and approve them in written form, but because the are considered dangrous according to the government it is doubtful u can get it legal since no engineer will approve it. but u can put them on and hope you dont get done..... i know that taking them off is much harder then putting them on. doesnt matter if its bolt on or not you need to have it welded to ensure it sits in the right place.

You can get these online and shipped otherwise hit up some body shops i know some can order them in.

Sign of the times i guess, freakin bogan outside autobarn last week in a blue 33 dropped on its guts with chrome 20's and bloody scissor doors.

A little bit of sick came up in my mouth. :yes:

I thought Lambo first invented sizzor doors so you could reverse their stupid designed car and actually see where your reversing (open the door and stick your head out) without having the worry of a horizontally opening door.

It was easier for Lambo to do this then redesigning the whole rear of the car.

Sizzor doors on Lambo = Stupid manufacturer after thought.

Sizzor doors on anything else = EPIC FAIL

I thought Lambo first invented sizzor doors so you could reverse their stupid designed car and actually see where your reversing (open the door and stick your head out) without having the worry of a horizontally opening door.

Your almost right...

It was actually cause the wheel track was so wide, it enabled people to park a lambo in a stnadard car space and still get in and out easily...

This however didnt help the normal cars parked either side and would probablly end up with door dints cause thy were so fat*...

*fat = wide... not phat or awesome...

Sign of the times i guess, freakin bogan outside autobarn last week in a blue 33 dropped on its guts with chrome 20's and bloody scissor doors.

A little bit of sick came up in my mouth. :rofl:

LOL i bet it was soooo fast :P

It was easier for Lambo to do this then redesigning the whole rear of the car.

Sizzor doors on Lambo = Stupid manufacturer after thought.

Sizzor doors on anything else = EPIC FAIL

LOL!!

Awesome and welcome to SAU