SAU Community

Wrx June Sandown

ssxRicho

Just to stick in my two cents on cages. Normally the wording you see is that cages if fitted must comply with CAMS specifications. The only way to say that a cage was CAMS "Approved" would be to have the car log booked for competition with the cage in it.

Essentially most cars in most events are not required to have a cage but if you have a cage fitted it should comply with CAMS specs (Which pretty well mirror FIA specs) regardless of if your car must have one for the event you are doing or not.

Saves a few of the beauties I have seen, like a Torana with a cut down trampoline frame inside it. I am not kidding! Another I have seen has the main hoop in front of the drivers head!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well if thats what people are doing then its a good thing they enforce it..

i was thinking of the older bolt in alloy cages when i mentioned non approved cages...

thinking that having one of those has gotta be better than nothing at all

but blue's post has shown that theres good reason for the rule..

well if thats what people are doing then its a good thing they enforce it..

i was thinking of the older bolt in alloy cages when i mentioned non approved cages...

thinking that having one of those has gotta be better than nothing at all

but blue's post has shown that theres good reason for the rule..

You would probably have trouble with an alloy cage as they are simply not allowed any more. Basically the only cars allowed to run them are cars that were log booked with the alloy one in them and you would have to be able to produce the log book to prove it. I think it was in the late 90's when they banned them.

OK, I have my CAMS! Confirmed my event entry!

Did a full service & run through on the car!

Got my helmet, fire extinguisher, bonnet latch, etc!

READY TO ROCK!

Very excited!

Slight concern with oil pressure but putting it down to false reading from factory guage.

So there's 57 confirmed entrants so far.

10 skylines, 12 BMW's, 8 EVO's, 1 commodore, 1 Lambo, 1 911 and of course a heap of Subbi's!

Sounds like fun to me.

Can't wait to actually meet some of you forum people too!

yes coming along to laugh at the rest of us is encouraged.

just turn up to sandown through the dandy rd entrance. security on gate will ask you who

is running the day, maybe.

park out the back of the pits, with all the other cars.

you can stand up the top of the pits or wonder through.

im also pulling out. thats 2 that ill have missed, and round 5 ill be overseas.. bummer.

might come down say hello.

how come u pulling out chris..??

i'll be there. at this stage it looks like its gonna be a long day on saturday getting alignment/tyres/sorting the car out.

does anybody know of a rb25 pfc i can borrow for a few days by any chance .??

i know this has been discussed, but im a little confused, should i leave my full safety 21 cage in or pull it out before i go.??

dont really wanna have to pull it out at the track on the day after getting knocked back.

i know this has been discussed, but im a little confused, should i leave my full safety 21 cage in or pull it out before i go.??

dont really wanna have to pull it out at the track on the day after getting knocked back.

Brad

You'd have to look at the cams manual to be sure.

Prob will be fine though coz I know that there are other guys running jap bolt ins.

how come u pulling out chris..??

brad the car just wont be ready. i got the turbos and all that back together but now i got an epic miss under boost, idles and drives great but as soon as we get around .7/.8 bar it all turns to shit. i've gapped the plugs down to 0.65-0.7 but now i got the zorst off again cos i need to chop out half the useless bracing underneath to fit jacks exhaust... bottom line is its best it goes on the dyno before i abuse it for a day and they're just flat chat this week.

just playin it safe.

Which raises the question....what car? smile.gif

some crappy s14 i think.. hahaha j/k