SAU Community

Wrx June Sandown

ssxRicho

Haha.

Sounds like we need a three way sandown gtst man date. Bris you and me.

Bris. When are you in town?

Rusty i am pleased to help make up the 3 some :cool:

Was a good day, Weird to have to learn that car again , seems everytime it goes out something has been changed.

I ended up with a pb ....... just, Me and sandown still have unfinished business

I will be looking at doing several more sandowns this year.

Thanks to the orgainisers and flaggies for giving up there sunday.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd be in for that too! Provided you boys don't mind my slower gtst following you around? (on the up side it would make you all look a lot faster! :D )

Hey Rus, what was the name of the place you said for the brake pads? Clutch, hicas lock bar & rear camer arms on order. will sort some new springs out next week and want to order some pads now too!

Cheers!

Rusty i am pleased to help make up the 3 some :)

Was a good day, Weird to have to learn that car again , seems everytime it goes out something has been changed.

I ended up with a pb ....... just, Me and sandown still have unfinished business

I will be looking at doing several more sandowns this year.

Thanks to the orgainisers and flaggies for giving up there sunday.

me 6th!! Im itching to have first track day, damn car wasnt ready this time! but I sure going to be at the next one!!

6x r32's reppin' it :cool:

Loving the sound of a skyline posse at Sandown. I'm aiming to hit the track on the 1st of August. Who's up?

Yeah I'm in for that! But will definitly need a reminder especially seeing that event won't appear on the normal event page. How & through who is the event run? (ie what other cars will b there?)

Loving the sound of a skyline posse at Sandown. I'm aiming to hit the track on the 1st of August. Who's up?

haha is that 7x r32 gtst's lined up so far?

r33's too busy posing :cool: /hides

strange day with the standing water on the track and good times. just proves that smoother driving wins out.

bested my pb by 0.1. 1.26.6, getting a good exit out of 12 was pretty hard.

was it a solo can around the cooler piping that saved the day?

Sounds good. Is HSVOC hand timed or proper timers?

I am a chance for 1 August. I am meant to finish up in India on the 31st but could as easily fly out Friday night rather then Sat night. Will have to ring the "Butcher of Bayswater" to see if he has installed my new fuel system, manifold, gate, exhaust, plenum, clutch, gearbox, lunar launch module. Actually, brakes. I dont have a complete set yet but that can be sorted pretty quickly. Cant remember if my ol coole ris back on either so may be the time to throw a PWR radiator in it?!? The car has spent 2 years just getting the 8 year old stuff replaced with new gear. Sux to be spending all this money to go just as quick as before but the old girl was so tired from the years of use, errr abuse :P

Will know by the end of the week what the go is as all i really need is the fuel system in my car and it will be good to go, all the other shit is just that. Bigger problem is getting the hell out of Hyderabad ;)

Thanks to everyone who made this day possible, had a ball!

First track day, now i know where the car needs work (an oil control solution of some sort!) but happy with how it all went.

Did a 1:29.7 changing gears 1000rpm early and only 3/4 throttle once in 5th gear. In the first session there was so much oil up in the pcv pipe that on the cool down lap it leaked onto the exhaust manifold sending smoke pouring through the vents into the car. I proceeded to do poos and return to the pits. Also i think all the oil going back into the inlet caused a lean mixture because knock level reached 104.

After this i only revved the car to 6000rpm and took it a bit easier in 5th and it was fine, knock level never exceeded 50 for the rest of the day.

Any advice guys? Oil catch can i think. (RB25DET)

Good to see some nice cars down there, never got a good chance to meet any of you guys though.

First track day, now i know where the car needs work (an oil control solution of some sort!) but happy with how it all went.

Did a 1:29.7 changing gears 1000rpm early and only 3/4 throttle once in 5th gear. In the first session there was so much oil up in the pcv pipe that on the cool down lap it leaked onto the exhaust manifold sending smoke pouring through the vents into the car. I proceeded to do poos and return to the pits. Also i think all the oil going back into the inlet caused a lean mixture because knock level reached 104.

After this i only revved the car to 6000rpm and took it a bit easier in 5th and it was fine, knock level never exceeded 50 for the rest of the day.

Any advice guys? Oil catch can i think.

Def need a catch can. The first time I did Sandown in the GTR with no catch can I had so much oil going through the inlet system that it was coming out of the blow off valves and leaking onto the front right tyre!! Not good for grip :P Fitted a catch can and never had that problem again. Also if you are going to be doing regular track days fit an oil cooler.

Def need a catch can. The first time I did Sandown in the GTR with no catch can I had so much oil going through the inlet system that it was coming out of the blow off valves and leaking onto the front right tyre!! Not good for grip :) Fitted a catch can and never had that problem again. Also if you are going to be doing regular track days fit an oil cooler.

Ok, cheers. Yeah, got an oil cooler fitted already, no issues with temp or coolant temp. I couldn't believe how much oil was up there! So do you just check oil in catch can and top up oil throughout the day? I think i may have starved the turbo of oil in that first session, it was whining or shrieking a lot for a bit after that and inlet noise doesn't sound as crisp and smooth anymore, hope i didnt do too much damage.....

Ok, cheers. Yeah, got an oil cooler fitted already, no issues with temp or coolant temp. I couldn't believe how much oil was up there! So do you just check oil in catch can and top up oil throughout the day? I think i may have starved the turbo of oil in that first session, it was whining or shrieking a lot for a bit after that and inlet noise doesn't sound as crisp and smooth anymore, hope i didnt do too much damage.....

The first couple of track days after fitting the can I checked and found a dribble of oil. After that I don't really bother to check and drain it at the end of the day - most I've found is aorund the 200ml mark or so. You can also get the can to drain back to the sump if you are worried about the amount of oil collecting in the can.

As for your turbo, doesn't sound too good.....is it a steel wheeled turbo or still the stock ceramic item?

The first couple of track days after fitting the can I checked and found a dribble of oil. After that I don't really bother to check and drain it at the end of the day - most I've found is aorund the 200ml mark or so. You can also get the can to drain back to the sump if you are worried about the amount of oil collecting in the can.

As for your turbo, doesn't sound too good.....is it a steel wheeled turbo or still the stock ceramic item?

Just standard mate

Just standard mate

Not sure how much research you have done on tracking your skyline but one of the most common peace of mind upgrades is to swap that ceramic wheel with a steel item. Too much excess heat from track work causes the ceramic wheel to fall apart and this is what happened to my old gtst turbo back in the day.

I am not saying that your turbo has been damaged in anyway but if the noise continues I would def get it checked out by someone in the know.

make that 8 x r32's pat :blush:

i took my 32 out for its debut on sunday. was the frist time i got to actually drive the car properley as its not registered.

i think im gonna pull the 2 way diff out before my next track day, not really suited to grip days i dont think lol

didnt do the quickest times, but i was happy with how i went :blush: