SAU Community

R33 Gtst - Exhaust Is Too Loud

Bariskycord

Quick question on changing a not too loud exhaust

I just brought a r33 T for a month, start considering to change the exhaust since its too loud for me (arr.. for my gf actually....)

im a newbie anyway :) so please give me some advice on this, how much does it cost in Perth if i want it quiet and also good performance (reduce sound and not restrict)

already did some search on this site but found thats not a good idea to put a silencer

(the car is pretty stock, no mod on engine/turbo)

Thanks

Edited by Bariskycord

My gtr got quieter once i removed the muffler 3 1/2 inch straight through to resonator now and it is one of the quietest Lines on the road

she will get use to the noise, its prob not even that loud haha, wait till you hear my 180sx, rb20 no cat 3inch all the way then twin 2.5 inch tips.

also do you know what exhaust system you have atm, like is it straight 3inch from cat or does it have a muffler also. and how loud we are talking about here if you can explain.

but if you really have to. just do what bubba said to do, should cost a few hundred, depending if you have stainless or mild steel. not sure on what brand but i am sure the exhaust place should help you out.

there is a cheaper way but it looks funny, is putting a silencer on the tip of the cannon (if you have one)

also do you know what exhaust system you have atm, like is it straight 3inch from cat or does it have a muffler also. and how loud we are talking about here if you can explain.

how to tell what kind of exhaust system I got? I only found there are "genie" on the muffler ,4"

My gtr got quieter once i removed the muffler 3 1/2 inch straight through to resonator now and it is one of the quietest Lines on the road

u mean u take off the whole thing from the muffler to the resonator on mid pipe? it ll looks missing sth at the back

auctually i just want to know is that true "for t sport car, the quieter the exhaust the larger the back pressure, the greater the damage to the engine"?

u mean u take off the whole thing from the muffler to the resonator on mid pipe? it ll looks missing sth at the back

auctually i just want to know is that true "for t sport car, the quieter the exhaust the larger the back pressure, the greater the damage to the engine"?

i had the muffler cut out and a piece of 3 1/2 inch exhaust pipe welded in its place

get a couple hot dog mufflers welded into your exsisting system, it'l drop down the droan of the note without creating a huge restriction and in turn quiet down the rawr comming out of the end. or if you really want to quiet it down get a massive muffler put in the middle.