SAU Community

Thought You Lot Would Appreciate This...

Got an email yesterday from a girl chasing a certain GTR that her partner had spotted online on a certain trade website in Japan. They'd reached the point where they were ready to drop their money down with the seller, and had already rung a RAW to organise compliance when he forwarded them on to me for advice.

Here's the email the "seller" sent her:

We are pleased to offer you our Nissan Skyline which is as following

> Nissan Skyline GT-R 2600cc Petrol Twin Turbo

> 4wd no smoking car one owner driver airbag front passenger airbag

> aircondition power steering power windows keyless entry

> Only 38,000 km. One owner best condition.

>

> The person is demanding 19,000 US$ for it but we can do great negotiation

> because we know he needs finance so give you last cif price at your port.

> Give your full name, address, phone number and your port name and give

> your last price in Yen, NZ dollars, AUS dollars or US dollars. Please

> mention name of currency because there are so many dollars so we get

> confuse. Once you send above details, and your best price, we will send

> you Proforma Invoice.

>

> Pictures are attached.

> Thank you

> Yamamoto Tetsuya

> Senior Sales Director

> Auto Plaza Co Ltd

> Website www.autoplazajapan.com

> Email [email protected]

So I asked for the potential buyer to send me the photos and, after finding the car on Goo Net, I sent an enquiry just for fun...and the reply came back:

Thanks lots for contacting us and now the price is

Car Price : USD41,950.- (FOB Japanese port)

Spec.: 39K, GT-R, 39K, Hight adjustable suspention, SSR18inch AW,

No accident history, 4WD, Maintenance records, low down. beasically very beautiful car.

but very expensive now.

When I quizzed the people at Goo about the clowns at Auto Plaza, I got this reply, gave me a bit of a laugh:

Thanks lots for your showing other exporter's E-mail. Our website shows all our Goo member's dealers cars. Auto Plaza is just pretending relative compnay with Goo but actually no relationship. It's a kind of internet magic. Goo-net Exchange is Goo Auto Inc, genuine Goo family.

Just remember kids - if it sounds too good to be true...

Edited by Iron Chef

This sort of thing is absolutely rife with that certain site and drives me to distraction.

Sucks when you forward a car on that's at a dealer, then you get an email back from your client pointing to the same car on "insert website here" 40% cheaper :D

Got an email yesterday from a girl chasing a certain GTR that her partner had spotted online on a certain trade website in Japan. They'd reached the point where they were ready to drop their money down with the seller, and had already rung a RAW to organise compliance when he forwarded them on to me for advice.

Here's the email the "seller" sent her:

So I asked for the potential buyer to send me the photos and, after finding the car on Goo Net, I sent an enquiry just for fun...and the reply came back:

When I quizzed the people at Goo about the clowns at Auto Plaza, I got this reply, gave me a bit of a laugh:

Just remember kids - if it sounds too good to be true...

lol. makes me think of the 'rad' 80s song the evening...

"in the evening, the real me comes alive.... it's magic! you can feel it!"

I do love internet magic.