SAU Community

Great Ocean Road Cruise

GTR 94

Just posting a poll to see who would be interested in cruisin the Great Ocean Road again. the weather seems to be fine, so lets do it while the sun seems to be out. Maybe organises of the last cruise could organise again.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys...

I get my license back in 3-4 weeks and was going to play a GOR Cruise myself around that time.

Head to Apollo Bay like last time etc.

But i was gonna add a little twist to the route... and where we are going to stop etc.

Would holding out be possible?

And if so... do you then want me to organise it all or not???

Myself and Snowman need a bit of practice at doing it all :D

Hey guys - yes Im back from holidays and am ready to get into organising some cruises etc. Obviously GOR is always a well attended event especially if we can give everyone a bit of notice! So if everyone wants to hang on just for a small while Ash and I will be catching up this Sunday at the SAU beer drinking festival on Chapel St to discuss exactly issues such as this. Cause you can be SURE there will be an offical SAU GOR cruise before the summer is over.

Cheers :D

hey R31Nismoid,

i'd be more than happy for u to organise it if you want to,

was thinking the 22nd of Feb or 28th of Feb...least we have a bit of time to recruit more ppl and time to have our cars ready for the drive! (Start Saving For New Tyres)

Guest RedLineGTR

id rather it not be a sunday personally since after a decent drive i personally wouldnt mind some rest..but hey ill still go maybe..but yah a set date would be good...the more notice the better.

hey R31Nismoid,

i'd be more than happy for u to organise it if you want to,

was thinking the 22nd of Feb or 28th of Feb...least we have a bit of time to recruit more ppl and time to have our cars ready for the drive! (Start Saving For New Tyres)

Cool. Myself or Snowman will be in touch with you.

If you can get the Geelong meet point worked out that would be sweet.

Just putting out the feelers here...

The 28th is a Sat. Now i agree with Rob, i would prefer going down on a Sat.

But hey, it's what the Majority decide.

Does Sat work for people ???

If we say the 28th, can those who normally work a Sat get that day off being 6 weeks prior notice just about ???

If so. Then the 28th is looking good :aroused:

Again I agree for something as long as a GOR cruise a Sat would be ideal. Through out the year we will endeavor to vary the days of the cruises b/w Sat and Sun and even some mid week night meet-ups to give everyone a chance to come along to events as we'll never be able to please everyone.

Feb 28th sounds good to me as well (I know there is another club cruise to GOR on the 22nd).

Another thing I will put feelers out for just out of interest is if there is any people out there that would be interested in spending the Sat night somewhere down the coast (after a few beers :) ) and then finishing the cruise the next day? If so I will do some investigating on prices and availability.

to the snowman and R31Nismoid ,

i feel that the majority have decided and we conclude by saying This cruise will be held on SATURDAY the 28TH of FEBUARY. (so mark your calanders ppl) Issue of camping the night i feel is a great idea nothing fancy just maybe some where to camp would be fine. although i feel we need feed back from other members just to see who is available. (mighten suit every one some may want to be back sat night).

The meet point for Geelong cars will be EASTERN BEACH any questions just ask, most Geelong ppl know of eastern beach. Time is undecided still.

A couple more things i would like opinions on,

1. If weather does not permit say 16 degrees possiable showers should the cruise be continued? and

2. will this be a SKYLINE only cruise???

This is a big question that i constantly ask my self "is it skyline only?" or do we appreciate the beauty and power of other cars???

All coments and critisism are welcome id just like to hear other opinions!

Some good points there 33.

The weather one is something we need to work out - as it is beyond control, and can make or break a cruise. I'm sure it will be discussed on beerday, ah... Sunday.

The 'Skyline exclusive' thing - I say no.

Not at this stage of the game. Lots of people with other Nissans, imports, or red Calibras are members here and keen to be involved. So - no exclusivity. Sammi can even come in the WRX if he has it in time ;)

However - due to the nature of this 'club', most cars are Skylines. Last GOR run we did had over 30-cars - and I think all were Skylines!

Also - for camping: I'm in!