SAU Community

Great Ocean Road Cruise

GTR 94

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the major meeting point for the last cruise was pretty central to most people as it was at the start of the Princes Fwy to Geelong.

Pt Cook Rd exit , in the Shell/Subway carpark. Big car park that easily accomodated the number of cars that attented the last meet.

Minor/sub meeting spots can be arranged in the eastern, western, northern, southern and Geelong suburbs by those people that live in the area.

All we really need now is a time to meet at Shell/Subway carpark and the rest can be calculated from there

Me and Ash are right now finalising this (with the approval of ECR33). Including pre-meet area's and a final meet-up in Geelong for those of you poor bastards that live down there (I can say this as I went to Uni at Deakin so lived there for 3 years! :D )

My suggestions for the final meetup would be either the Waurn Ponds pub or the Uni front carpark - cause there is no chance of splitting up due to lights etc through Geelong from these places. And its a better way to the GOR from there than through Torquay which can be a pain in the ass.

Final and complete details will be posted in a new thread within the next few days.

Dear Mr Snowman,

I really dont mind how we get to the GOR and i greatly appriciate the time you and other members are putting into this cruise. hopefully it all pays off with great weather and a great turn out. i ask one thing though, snowman you probably know where eastern beach is and i feel that this would probably be the best spot to meet all the melbourne ppl and geelong ppl it would be one hell of a photo too, having all these magical cars angle parked along there would be a sight for sore eyes, but its up to you.

To the rest of the members cosidering this cruise, i hear alot of ppl saying they are concerned about the POLICE! well dont be as long as you dont do nothing stupid they should leave us alone. i can nearly gurantee they are reading through this forum all the time, so they will know all about it but dont let them feel as we are scared of them by saying (and i DONT quote) "if theres to many cars there might be trouble" or "the GOR is no good there be to many police" this is crap i say bringem on they might pull everyone of us up but imagine how much time they will be wasting half of em dont even know wat a turbo is and the majority of our cars will be pretty legal! If your scared of getting attention from the police then dont drive ever cause there always hidding in there little rat holes waitting for us!

ECR 33:

Don't mean to sound like a prick but please edit that last post, we don't like to verbally trash the police, especially when they have been EXTREMELY REASONABLE with our club.

Everyone else:

The police will be reading this thread and they will be present and probably undercover, as they have been in the last GOR.

But they have been VERY reasonable with us, and left most of our members alone as we generally respect the laws and other road users, hence our reputation. Only two cars got pulled over last cruise, one was speeding and overtaking several cars at once on the Princess Fwy, the other was listed as being unregistered (due to an unfortunate mistake by the EPA).

THAT'S 2 OUT OF 35+ CARS THAT ATTENDED :cheers:.

The cruise was great, the company even better.

guys im sure the cops dont have a problem with us goin for a quiet cruise down the GOR - if they think we r gonna do something id even give one a lift. but we dont need to do that. they will more likely be looking out for MCCR if they will be going.

im still up for the 2 dayer thing as im in no rush to get home - also has sau-vic had a camp out yet? might be time for the first one coinciding with maybe the start of sau-vic

it shouldnt be too cold either hopefully

I've just about done a post...

and it'll be up later today.

ECR 33, we have met at that place one before, but we had a lot of trouble keeping everyone together.

Interloper will remember (he is geelong) it was just a bit difficult keeping a lot of cars together, remember, not everyone knows where/how they are going to get there.

Creating a map for this type of cruise is just about impossible given so many roads.

So that's where the pub comes into it.

I hope that it doesnt p(ss anyone off or anything like that, that's the last thing i am out to do. I've spent a bit of time on all of this (as have others) and i've tried to keep everyone happy.

Meaning easy locatable meet points etc, based on past expiriances that i've had with organising SAU cruises.

And on the coppers, i will say it once again.

SAU-Vic has never had problems with the police. They are more than reasonable to us and we intend to keep the relationship that way.

Anyone acting stupid will be asked to leave.

If a problem arises. Just let me know and i'll sort it out.

watch the events. cruise post will be later today.

please lock this thread

ECR33 and ash,

The last GOR cruise was well organised and the meeting point at Bunnings was probably the most centeral point to meet up so that we could meet as a whole... A photo session at the lookout at eastern beach is a must. ecr33, input to the geelong liners thread would be valued, sorry to hijack, just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers,

Kris

Can someone please make this cruise official. I've now past the point where I needed to get the day off work. All this talk and no action might mean that I can't come along. I'm sure that there are others checking this post daily for something solid. Lets make it happen!

Can someone please make this cruise official.  I've now past the point where I needed to get the day off work.  All this talk and no action might mean that I can't come along.  I'm sure that there are others checking this post daily for something solid.  Lets make it happen!

Thats right. If its Saturday the 28th now, then I probably wont be able to go.

Alan

hey guys........would you mind if i private messenger some of the serious drivers on nissansilvia.com? they hjave driven the GOR 2-3 times already and if i get a few of the core boys/gals is it cool with u guys/gals? i havent said nething to em yet tho......and i would be riding with one of em

Nice how things always seem to be 'chinese whispered' down.

Teeznu, Mccr has no official cruise to GOR planned for late feb, infact it is CRX australia which are having their annual GOR cruise which they have planned for some months (are getting interstate cars to come down etc).

I think ppl still dont get that just because a cruise is organised under unoficials in mccr, doesnt mean that they will attract a bajillion muzzas in Commodores. Dont be scared heehee its ok!

Keep the piece guys. Cyas.

I think ppl still dont get that just because a cruise is organised under unoficials in mccr, doesnt mean that they will attract a bajillion muzzas in Commodores. Dont be scared heehee its ok!

Keep the piece guys. Cyas.

unfortunately actions and previous experience has taught us otherwise... a shame for those who are in that club who arent wankers... of which ive met very few... because MCCR carries a reputation in which none of us find appealing.

Al: I refuse to edit my last post! im sure that the police have been very resonable with the past cruises that have been organized, i was not verbaly trashing the police but giving confidence to those who feel they do not want to attend this cruise in concern to being canaryed or fined, I quote "as long as you dont do nothing stupid they should leave us alone" is what i did say in my last post. some times they can be very resonable but also some times they can just be silly. ok. hopefully no hard feelings but this was just my opinion!

180sx_luva im sure if you wanted to ask some of your nissan friends to come no one shall have a problem as long as they dont be silly and have some nice cars, we did discuss at the beginning of this forum that it is not only about skylines but nice cars in genral.

To all other members, IT IS OFFICIAL THAT THIS CRUISE WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY THE 28TH OF FEBUARY 2004, and hopefully weather is great and we get a great turn out. there is only 2 weeks to go so maps and stuff are being finalized by Ash and the Snowman as we post so much appreciation to them.