SAU Community

R32 Gtr Adjustable Suspension/alignment?

Hey guys,

Just wondering what parts are need to gain fully adjustable suspension/alignment. Just got my R32 GTR and got a wheel alignment and was told that the castor is not adjustable from factory. A real noob when it comes to suspension and geometry, so what part/parts are needed for adjustable castor? anything else I should consider changing while I do it, big job? Any suggestions on what brand to go for?

Thanks.

Get some good adjustable castor rods.

Here's the stockers with offset pins and new bushes installed.

post-12712-1275561193_thumb.jpg

And some aftermarket one's, work pretty well.

post-12712-1275561202_thumb.jpg

What problem are you trying to fix? I've always wondered if pulling in a lot more castor is what makes upper control arm bushes chew out on 32s....

Just trying to get a correct alignment. I was told that my tires were not going to get perfect/even wear on them since the castor is not adjustable and will need to rotate tires every 5000km. Not a huge problem in itself but would rather get it all fixed.

Also, stupid question, but are tension rods/pillow ball rods/tie rods the same/different?

Just trying to get a correct alignment. I was told that my tires were not going to get perfect/even wear on them since the castor is not adjustable and will need to rotate tires every 5000km. Not a huge problem in itself but would rather get it all fixed.

Also, stupid question, but are tension rods/pillow ball rods/tie rods the same/different?

You are never going to get even wear on GT-R tyres, irrespective of how "perfect" your alignment is.

You can replace the rubber bush in the castor rod with an adjustable type (as per the photo a few posts earlier). These are a better option than the complete after market replacement rod for several reasons:

1. The rubber bush is a major part of the longitudinal compliance in the front suspension. Removing it & replacing it with a spherical end removes compliance and makes the car ride alot more harshly.

2. Removing the bush (particularly in conjunction with lower suspension) puts alot more stress on the upper outer suspension arm bush.

3. You can't (without doing alot of other stuff) get much castor into an R32 GT-R anyway.

Good points there.

For upper arms I had noltech adjustable camber arms, but the one's in this pic are better as they pivot and allow better movement.

(From the UAS website)

post-12712-1275612722_thumb.jpg

hmm. okay so what's the verdict? should I look into getting some adjustable arms? - looking at the cusco pillow ball atm, opinions? -

Or is it something that is really necessary and shouldn't really worry about with the car mainly being a daily with the occasional track day here and there, or a worthwhile upgrade?

Or is an adjustable bush recommended over a new arm? if they are, where/who can I get them from

Thanks guys.

What problem are you trying to fix? I've always wondered if pulling in a lot more castor is what makes upper control arm bushes chew out on 32s....

absolutely. i go thru 2 sets of upper arm bushes a season.

the arms from UAS are the best answer I've seen to this problem...proper quality bearings and design