SAU Community

Checking Out N/a Skyline Tomorrow !

MaddehZ

Here's the link:

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/dealer...id=128D55EBC81C

Dealer is Power Rd

Questions:

1) The ad says "series two GTV" what's different ?

2) "Factory 17" alloys", the rims are obviously aftermarket?

3) Why would the car have "turbo brakes" and a recaro seat, possibly because of it being a gtv or something?

All input appreciated,

Matt.

"The GT-V is essentially a full GTT chassis - including the uprated brakes, suspension, HICAS, LSD, strutt bars etc but without the turbo (RB25DE instead of the RB25DET). Still with the Neo straight engine, and VVT, the GT-V's put out 200PS in standard form"

Thanks bud. so that answers question #1 and the question of the turbo brakes

That price seems rather high for a N/A especially since the K's aren't that low. I assume it came with 17 Alloys originally and the seller omitted that they were changed to aftermarket.

"The GT-V makes use of the exact same suspension setup as the GTT, has the same brakes (4 pot front / 2 pot rear), and the same 17 x 7.5 (offset +40) alloys with 225/45/ZR17 tyres."

"Nissan released a special edition of the GT series - the R34 GT-V. The GT-V is essentially a full GTT chassis - including the uprated brakes, suspension, HICAS, LSD, strutt bars etc but without the turbo (RB25DE instead of the RB25DET). Still with the Neo straight engine, and VVT, the GT-V's put out 200PS in standard form, a great improvement over my previous R33 GTS's 130PS."

http://www11.ocn.ne.jp/~skyworks/gtv_specs.html

Power Road are a very good dealership and their cars are usually top notch!

You will be able to negotiate them down a bit on price - at least $1k.

GT-Vs are a perfect P plater car (alongside Supra SZ-Rs). All the perks of the turbo model but 100% legal to drive!

hrmmm I got my car for less, with less k's and is turbo... So I wouldn't bother with that price for that car if I was you.

you want advice..? Get a turbo

maybe he isnt allowed or doesnt want a turbo.... hes asking based on the car he linked

in the end its a bit to much for that car

yeah but looks like a dealership...they always put the price high, then u can cut off atleast 2k off the price

That's true, mine was 2k more at car city but I went direct to the dude who imported it, if you went to the dealership though they won't be able to do as much as 2k for instance because they'd loose all their margin... I would recommend going private and just take someone who knows their stuff with you. Saving that money is worth it!

Manual NA R34's are really only worth like 15-16k....

I picked up my GTT for 16k on the road..

So it's just a matter of time and patience until you find the right one.

Power rd aint cheap but their cars are awesome condition. My car, my brothers car, my friends cars (wrote off the first one and got another). Apart from the written off one all of ours are going fine years on with no problems. My brother got a 2000 r34 gtv from them for 15k on road. Was a 4 door though

im not allowed.. a turbo.. and if he doesnt want a turbo. dont get a skyline

well thats your choice to drive a turbo you get dicked you cop it

but just because he wants a NA car doesnt mean he cant get a skyline, its a personal prefence

oh and a v35 onwards is a NA so does that mean we all cant buy them cause there non turbo?

The price is high becuase of market demand.

Think about it - the criteria this car has.

- Coupe

- Manual

- Big brakes

- Skyline

- R34

- P-plate legal

Probably the ultimate n/a R34 setup straight of of the factory.

Easiest car to eventually turbo charge (if you decide to) - as it is a manual and has all the support mods needed for a turbo - such as big brakes.

The price is high becuase of market demand.

Think about it - the criteria this car has.

- Coupe

- Manual

- Big brakes

- Skyline

- R34

- P-plate legal

Probably the ultimate n/a R34 setup straight of of the factory.

Easiest car to eventually turbo charge (if you decide to) - as it is a manual and has all the support mods needed for a turbo - such as big brakes.

Yes, it's an ultimate p plater car, but it is still not worth that much lol.

It's like an ultimate burger meal, you get a piece of chicken, a burger, chips, mashed potato, drink. Awesome for dinner, but would you pay $50 for it? :)

Yes, it's an ultimate p plater car, but it is still not worth that much lol.

It's like an ultimate burger meal, you get a piece of chicken, a burger, chips, mashed potato, drink. Awesome for dinner, but would you pay $50 for it? :)

100% agree with you. The car isn't worth much. It is just the demand on "P plate legal" Skylines (or any sporty car) that pushes the price up. :)

My advice for the OP - nothing wrong with the car - but paying the price of a turbo for a non-turbo car is un-fair on you IMHO. Dealerships and people in the know are ripping off P platers.

End of the day your money, each to their own etc....

:)