SAU Community

Checking Out N/a Skyline Tomorrow !

MaddehZ

i say risk it and my my turbo r34 for $15,000 ;)

Damn... so cheap.... even cheaper than mine! Is it manual? :D

If I didn't have a car, I would seriously consider it :laugh:

100% agree with you. The car isn't worth much. It is just the demand on "P plate legal" Skylines (or any sporty car) that pushes the price up. :D

My advice for the OP - nothing wrong with the car - but paying the price of a turbo for a non-turbo car is un-fair on you IMHO. Dealerships and people in the know are ripping off P platers.

End of the day your money, each to their own etc....

;)

I reckon it's best to buy it privately off another P-plater who are in a rush to sell their car to upgrade to turbo lol.

But the car might be thrashed.... But then again, what skyline hasn't been pushed before hehe

The price is high becuase of market demand.

Think about it - the criteria this car has.

- Coupe

- Manual

- Big brakes

- Skyline

- R34

- P-plate legal

Probably the ultimate n/a R34 setup straight of of the factory.

Easiest car to eventually turbo charge (if you decide to) - as it is a manual and has all the support mods needed for a turbo - such as big brakes.

^Exactly right, P-platers want skylines but due to the restrictions can't drive a turbo, forcing the prices of N/A's up and the turbos to drop, there aren't many decent N/A 34s around nowadays.

I've had my car off the road 8 months for a shop trying to get a N/A R34 turned into a turbo one by way of replacing.. apparently f**king everything and still maybe "not possible"

Epic.

So who knows, maybe I'll sell you mine for $5 and just wish you luck with it.

I'll be putting mine up for 14 this weekend and should sell quickly, even if you look at n/a 33s they are expensive and only a couple on there.

Some P plater will love my car and just fork out i think

I've had my car off the road 8 months for a shop trying to get a N/A R34 turned into a turbo one by way of replacing.. apparently f**king everything and still maybe "not possible"

Epic.

So who knows, maybe I'll sell you mine for $5 and just wish you luck with it.

My bro got his r34 gt-v converted to turbo. Simple as n/a engine out. Turbo engine in. Hook up looms to the engine and ecu. Started first time.

My bro got his r34 gt-v converted to turbo. Simple as n/a engine out. Turbo engine in. Hook up looms to the engine and ecu. Started first time.

Yea..... I just don't see how it can take 8 months and they reckon it might be "impossible" lol. Oh wells....

Yea..... I just don't see how it can take 8 months and they reckon it might be "impossible" lol. Oh wells....

I think putting in a DEt engine is much easier than making a DE+t

I think putting in a DEt engine is much easier than making a DE+t

Yes, it is easier, but you will still have some headaches in sourcing parts and there's always a chance that something will go wrong with the conversion?

So for the prices turbos are now, you might as well just sell the NA and buy a turbo :P

Took Femno 2 days to get it going lol. We dropped the car off and he already started ripping the engine out :P I guess making a de+t would be harder but still not that long unless the mechanic is useless

Took Femno 2 days to get it going lol. We dropped the car off and he already started ripping the engine out ;) I guess making a de+t would be harder but still not that long unless the mechanic is useless

Is he good with labour prices? :3some: