SAU Community

Bad Business

heno

haha not another one

i think everyone in brisbane knows the certain place that sells these cars

never judge a book by its cover, especially with cars

Anyways on a totally different subject,

Anyone seen that nice blue supra at street machines?

Perfect car throughout...

:)

Happened to my friend's 300zx as well.

One day he found coolant fluid all over his interior floor - caused by a busted heater core. Unfortunately according to the 'warranty' (it was a 91 model, so the warranty was a bought one) the cooling system coverage only includes the radiator. costed him over 1k!!

outrage is that to keep that warranty he needs to get the car serviced at that dealer every 3 mths!!!

In fact if you look at those extended warranties the items they cover is so limited (like up to $500 for pistons, yeah right) and is designed to fool the consumer to a false sense of comfort. It lists obvious items like block and pistons but the detail stuff that breaks like engine mounts arnt listed...

I got a 12month warranty when I bought my car. About 2 months into owning the car i just threw the book away. F'd if I'm going to abide by their conditions if they are not going to do anything for me.

I did use their "roadside assistance" once when I had a flat battery. By the time the bloke turned up I had WALKED to an auto-electrician and bought a new battery and walked back home...

Although I agree that perhaps it might not be worth your friend's time and hassle to chase up what would have been a less than $300 expense, I can understand his frustration at purchasing a car and having something go wrong before he even gets it home.

The dealer *IS* liable, as they have to provide limited warranty on all cars that they sell.

It sounds like they're going to try and brush your friend off (probably because he lives in another state and they think he'll just give up), so your options from here are:

1. Ring Dept. of Fair Trading in QLD for advice (http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au)

2. Ring ACCC - Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (http://www.accc.gov.au)

3. Ring cousin Habib and Ibrahim.

As stated above, this is what you have to do.... trust me i am going through a similar situation at the moment...

If the dealer has sold the car with a roadworthy certificat then it must be roadworthy... so the people who replaced the shocks would have to say it's unroadworthy... (get a written statement)....

Ring DOFT or lodge a claim through CTTT with copies off all documents (sale sheets, road worthy papers, repair invoice, statement saying the car was unroad worthy)... thy'll contact you and sort it out from there...

lodging it through the CTTT costs about $30 but their decision is final and legally binding....

cheers.

Fight for your rights.

Had a friend who had bought a soarer from a certain "Brisbane Caryard" which will remain nameless (unless you can read between the lines in this thread)

Within three days and less than 150KMs travelled the clutch started slipping and then died. We rang up ************** to get it replaced under warranty.

The first response was that he must have destroyed the clutch himself as the clutch was not slipping when it was test driven and that clutches weren't covered by the warranty anyway.

He did not have a third party warranty, only the statuatory "three month 5000Km" warranty that the government enforces on these dodgy bastards.

One quick call to Dept Fair Trading and lo and behold guess what, the dealer can not decide which parts are warranted and which are not, so after much arguing and a quick call from his lawyer a couple of days later, problem fixed but with shitloads of attitude.

Stay away from them is my suggestion.

Fight for your rights.

Had a friend who had bought a soarer from a certain "Brisbane Caryard" which will remain nameless (unless you can read between the lines in this thread)

Within three days and less than 150KMs travelled the clutch started slipping and then died. We rang up S************** to get it replaced under warranty.

The first response was that he must have destroyed the clutch himself as the clutch was not slipping when it was test driven and that clutches weren't covered by the warranty anyway.

He did not have a third party warranty, only the statuatory "three month 5000Km" warranty that the government enforces on these dodgy bastards.

One quick call to Dept Fair Trading and lo and behold guess what, the dealer can not decide which parts are warranted and which are not, so after much arguing and a quick call from his lawyer a couple of days later, problem fixed but with shitloads of attitude.

Stay away from them is my suggestion.

Thats shocking,

While we are getting ripped off, the owner and staff are building track cars and maad cars for themselves out of the money they are jipping us. I regularly hear about them doing track days, and their 600HP r32 or whateva. ****ing Bastards is all i have to say.