SAU Community

Problem To Install The Oil Pan

Hi.

I'm almost done with a rebuild, but I can't fit on the oil pan, because the oil filter net is blocking. :)

I have almost given up, I consider to cut the "oil pipe" in half, and just fit a hose instead (see pic below).

Does anyone have a experience with this that can give me a better solution ?

Thanks.

post-72654-1275853434_thumb.jpg

Edited by Iceman22

I haven't removed the engine from the engine bay, I removed the oil pan because I installed new pistons.

If I try to install the oil pan without the oil filter, then it's ok, it's just the filter that is the problem.

If you took it off while in the car then surely you can put it back on in the reverse order. The filter head is pretty important, I wouldnt be cutting it off and replacing it with a perishable piece of hose and no coarse filtration before the pump.

Installed new pistons?????

Dont know how much space you have but you could prob bolt off the strainer slide in the pan and see if squeeze your hand in to catch it back up

Have u tried unbolting the mounts and jacking the engine up?

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Yes I needed to replace the pistons because the old were in bad condition.

Have not tried jacking the engine up yet. Have someone else had this problems that I currently have ?

Yeah I totaly agree on that. I used a lot of strenght to get it out, have tried to put it back long time now but I can't do it.

It's surely something I do wrong but I don't know what.

My guess is when using "a lot of strenght" to get it out you have bent the neck....?