SAU Community

Who Would Be Faster

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How far away is the race...?

The GTR will be easier to drive than the 34 down the track but thats half the fun.

Only one way to find out...

If the 34 was auto I would say bye bye GTR but the manual will slow things down a little.

Sure there will be dozens of them, but the fastest 1/4 mile skyline in the world right now is a gtst and it resides in England.

Average street car is always going to get its arse handed to it by an awd but a prepped track car is a different animal and I believe that is what the original poster was talking about.

Street car dude, street car.

Biiiiiig difference between a street car and a single purpose, track dedicated drag car.

So going back to the original post, I still have my money on the GTR.

If we were talking 1000HP, track specific cars where the GTT has had all the work done to get it off the line and down the track, then my money would change.

But a street car, on street wheels, the 4wd will overcome the weight disadvantage.

And if you read the thread correctly he mentioned good suspension and the right wheel rubber combination.

Done correctly it will be at least the equal of a heavier gtr.

How do you think the vl boiz run 9/10 second passes.

And if you read the thread correctly he mentioned good suspension and the right wheel rubber combination.

With 1000hp and a 4 link rear and/or mini tubs, or at least specifically set up for straight lines and straight lines only.

And VLs are generally always going to be faster, mod for mod, thanks to a live rear and more cubes.

could be. or just utter b s

yeah sweet ... f**k off

Street car dude, street car.

Biiiiiig difference between a street car and a single purpose, track dedicated drag car.

So going back to the original post, I still have my money on the GTR.

If we were talking 1000HP, track specific cars where the GTT has had all the work done to get it off the line and down the track, then my money would change.

But a street car, on street wheels, the 4wd will overcome the weight disadvantage.

im well aware of the differences, on the strip it will have drag rims and micky thompsons, still working out suspension atm. gotta finish the engine and body work first mate

agreed

With 1000hp and a 4 link rear and/or mini tubs, or at least specifically set up for straight lines and straight lines only.

And VLs are generally always going to be faster, mod for mod, thanks to a live rear and more cubes.

my car has a 3liter bottom end mate

I'm talking about 3 litre bottom ends with single cam heads on street cars mate. do some research.

As im sure you are aware, it basically comes down to how well you can get the rear end to work, if you can get it to hook up, then the weight transfer will take over, and you will be home set, as long as the toe and camber can be controlled at maximum squat, and the gearchanges dont upset it too much. Good spring/shock matching are crucial in this area

I'm talking about 3 litre bottom ends with single cam heads on street cars mate. do some research.

I don't need to do research. You asked how the VL boys do 10 seconds. I answered.

There's no substitute for cubes. Shoot for straight out HP and an RB26 will struggle to match a single cam RB30.

im well aware of the differences, on the strip it will have drag rims and micky thompsons, still working out suspension atm. gotta finish the engine and body work first mate

agreed

my car has a 3liter bottom end mate

All of my comments were in response to FineLine.

If you are going to really start setting your car up for straight lines and straight liens only, then my belief that the GTR will be quicker may change. But if both cars are to remain fairly "streetable" then I reckon the GTR will still have it. All (generalisation) the really, really fast streetable Skylines are GTRs (yeah, yeah, bar a select few RWDs but my point stands).

• 4 weeks later...

The only way your gtt will do a quick time will be if it has an auto behind it with a decent converter.

We can all praise the VL's but these cars that are running 9's are built with monster autos and might i add a decent squirt of gas off the line.

If both cars are manual, no question its on the GTR.

Except sitting there on the trans brake getting boost going for 10hrs before leaving the line :P

I still to this day admire Haddad & similar people...

The guy drives there with his 900-1000hp ~1600kg Monaro that is quieter than a corolla - runs a 9 sec pass off the tree - drives home all on legal radials :D

You could drive the thing around the corner to the milk bar and never think it was more than a clear bodied factory car (except for that little S/C whine)