SAU Community

Is This Bad For My Car?

Got the car when it had 68,000km Fresh from japan, now its 116,000kms Ive also done the 100,000km Service, On top of all these mods bellow,

Type B Tomei adjustable Cams ( Cant remember the measurments, but they are lumpy on idling)

Tomei Dump pipes

Sard 720cc injectors

Sard intank fuel pump

PFC

Z32 AFMS

Air pods

Garret -5 turbos

Fuel Regulator

Greddy Boost Controller 2 profec B

Oil - Air seperator catch Can

Xtreme Single plate Heavy Duty Clutch

Os Giken 5 gear set

Alluminium intercooler/turbo piping

Oil cooler

Spitfire coils

3.5 inch exhaust

600hp rated Cat convertor

ALL INTERNALS ARE STOCK

Now long story short I got a tune done but little did the the tuner know there was a rip in one of the hoses this was before i got the piping done, So he set it to 15psi and the car was doing 316-320awkw, He pretty much tuned the car around the leak and everything looked fine, after i got the the pipiing done the car went quicker id say the boost went up automatically, must of been all that extra air going to through. Since then i have taken it to the tuner, his played alittle with the mixtures and so on but didnt touch the boost assuming its where he left it, he was pretty happy with everything, VERY little Knock. I checked the boost recently cause i found out how to and it peaked at around 21psi And now id say its 350awkw-360awkw.

Is this bad for the car? because its got stock internals how long roughly would will she last with all this beating last time i checked the compression was around 165psi on all cylinders. that was at the 100,000km mark.

Edited by GTRAAH

with a good tune there is no reason a street driven RB26 cant last a while @ 350rwkw

BUT

imho you should re dyno it and have the boost set where YOU are happy with and have the power level that YOU are happy and confident with.

edit: when this happened to me, we fixed the leak and my tuner didn't even finish 1 pass as he noticed the boost hit 26psi and was still climbing.

run was pulled and boost was re-set

make of that what you will :wacko:

with a good tune there is no reason a street driven RB26 cant last a while @ 350rwkw

BUT

imho you should re dyno it and have the boost set where YOU are happy with and have the power level that YOU are happy and confident with.

edit: when this happened to me, we fixed the leak and my tuner didn't even finish 1 pass as he noticed the boost hit 26psi and was still climbing.

run was pulled and boost was re-set

make of that what you will :wacko:

Im definately happy with 21psi but i feel that it might climb alittle higher but nothing past 22psi id say. But if i set it to 21psi i want to keep it around 3-4 yrs before i do my Internals Etc So i want it too last for that long

Edited by GTRAAH

well im saying 3-4 yrs time i want to rebuild the insides i only drive this car maybe 2-3 times a week, Sorry i forgot to tell you all its not an everyday car as in im not boosting all the time PLUS its my weekend car, Does that change things? i want it to last 3-4 yrs healthy before an internal rebuild, And i have just talked to the tuner and he stated that it wasnt pinging or knocking on that PSI setting

Edited by GTRAAH

its hard to say what is safe amount of power as ppl with stock engines have had to rebuid as well.. generally accepted with more boost on stock internal GTR, its good to keep it around 300kw mark to "prolong" its life.. its no guarantee but perhaps better odds than pumping out another 30-50kw and placing more stress.. also if your tune is good and u look after it well, no reason it wont last the distance, but sometimes luck of the draw

Thanks BWRGTR, Is there anyway to keep an Eye out on the wear and tear? Maybe compression test it every 6 months or so? What do you think?

Thanks BWRGTR, Is there anyway to keep an Eye out on the wear and tear?

Used oil analysis is the only way I know of. Basically, every oil change you send off a sample of the oil to a lab and they send you a report. Its been discussed here before so search if you're interested.