SAU Community

The, "youve Gotta Be Kidding", Cruze

luke gtr

hello people, organising a run up to the 3 sisters, to see the sun rise.

organising for sunday, 18th july as per the heading.

meeting at penrith kk's(krispy kremes) at 4:45, to leave at 5:15.

i know what youre all thinking, but this will be the second time fo rmyself,and its deffinately worth it.

be preparred with numerous jackets, beanies, scarfs, and anything else warm.

this early there isnt really anyone else around, so you get a great view.

post up any questions or suggestions on here, and ill reply as soon as i can.

hope to see you all there.

p.s. also putting this on the western sydney commodores forum, but not expecting a big turnout.feel free to invite anyone else.

sorry bout the date guys, i didnt realise when this fell.

fortunatly, for those who arnt going to wakefield(those like me worried about doing damage), this cruse can be an alternative.

for those who were thinking of coming, but cant make it, im thinking of turning this into an annual event.

btw, there are some great photo ops :banana:

Don't forget that parking at the 3 Sisters costs money, unless, you park about 400m away and walk ;)

Also seeing as though you are in the area you may as well stop at the old Catalina Race Park and walk a lap of the retired track. Afew of us SAU members walked it about 2mths ago on a cruise and it was quite fascinating.

Don't forget that parking at the 3 Sisters costs money, unless, you park about 400m away and walk ;)

when did they start charging for parking?

It's been about 2-3years since I last went.

Oh well, I don't mind a brisk morning walk

I've been going there daily for 7yrs and im pretty sure they have been charging for all over those 7yrs. The closest you can park without buying a parking ticket is Birdwood Ave / Raymond Rd.

Also it's very likely that the area will be covered in fog which means the only thing you will see is the end of your nose for the entire day (unlike the metro areas the fog in the mtns generally hangs around atleast until lunchtime).

Don't forget that parking at the 3 Sisters costs money, unless, you park about 400m away and walk :P

Also seeing as though you are in the area you may as well stop at the old Catalina Race Park and walk a lap of the retired track. Afew of us SAU members walked it about 2mths ago on a cruise and it was quite fascinating.

If any of you have a friend or relative that lives in the Blue Mountains, and pays Council rates, he/she has what we call...

Echo Point RESIDENT PARKING PERMIT Permit # xxxx - For Use In 8 Hour Zones Only (to be placed on the left hand side of dash)

I'm not sure if Parking Rangers would be up at 5am though - unless your exhausts wake the Dead lol

(...anyone want a loan of mine?)

Footnote: At that time of morning, waves of clouds often hug the valley floor. People often go to lookouts like these around the world to view the scenery + the hues of the rising sun hitting the clouds/cliff faces - whether it be Mt Dandenong VIC or Lishan TAIWAN etc.

NB Probably a good idea to keep watch of the 'bom' website, because if it's rainy/misty/overcast, it can get pretty bleak.

hi, yeah, last time at that time in the morning, no one was there.

it was roughly the same time of year, had a light fog that cleard.

it was nice towatch though.

and no people from sau have announced attendence as yet.

c'mon people, its not THAT early

im interested in going but am concerned about the fog dont want to be driving and can only see 5metres in front of the car :whistling:

be a man, do the right thing. jk.

cant say 100%, but last time, no fog....

that early in the morning, hopefully there wont be.

ben, one in, hopefully more will change thier mind

nice to see some guys coming out for this.

so far theres about 12 cars between this group and the commodores(mostly commodores)

alot more than i thought id get with this idea...

hope to see more on the day

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Yes sir, that was me. Fake ARP's are also a thing over here in Canada and we only order from reputable dealers. It's sad that even simple things like bolts and hoses are now also being copied... anything to make a dollar.  Story time. Like all cheap crap from China, it's even an issue with firearms. Roughly 15 years ago, I purchased a new cheap Norinco 12g shotgun. First time out in the bush with it, while firing, bolt assembly didn't lock and it fired out of battery. The receiver also being cheap steel, basically exploded in my face. I was lucky to be wearing eye protection. Long story short, don't buy Chinese junk. Also Norinco being state run and their only military arms producer, if ever they do try and take over a country, don't worry about it lol. 
    • Installed  Nismo coppermix twin competition spec last year in my bnr32 with pull trans with Oem slave cylinder. The point at where the clutch disengages/enages is right at the top of the clutch pedal, meaning I barely have to push the pedal down for the clutch to be disengaged.  You guys that have the same combo are you experiencing this high pedal bite point??   Secondly I’d like to have the disengagement point lower meaning I have to push the pedal more(further not effort)for it to be disengaged.  I’m thinking to use a Nismo big operating cylinder(bigger bore at 13/16 vs Oem 3/4) which will require more pedal stroke to get the equivalent movement at the clutch fork. But I see Nismo web site says not to mix these 2 as the Nismo big operating cylinder doesn’t have enough stroke to disengage??? Any folks run both the coppermix twin pull with Nismo cylinder??    Thanks in advance for the replies but prefer only guys with pull clutches to respond. thanks     
    • Any chance u could let us know where your based ?
    • That’s a great deal and I would jump on it if you were closer. Melbourne is a bit of a hike for me though unfortunately