SAU Community

Gtr $182,000?

s15guy

Hey there avid enthusiasts.

Im a new member (logged in 10 min ago).

I was thinking of buying a new GTR. I never liked the idea of buying second hand esp presumed tracked and hard launched cars. 

Here is the problem.

The car on road is $182,000

Is this normal? The FTG dealership in melbourne says it is. Thats their price. No negotiating. This strikes me as odd. They have 2-3 unsold GTRs and despite the manager claiming they get 15 querries a week, its not like they have 15 buyers a week. So..why is he playing hardball with the price when I would think hes struggling to move the cars?

Did you guys pay this much for a new GTR?

I know that magazines and internet retail the car at $150k but the driveaway price is $182k.

So yeah I guess my questions are...

IS the car retailing now at $182k?

What did YOU pay for the car brand new?

Was their negotiating involved?

They also claim the 2011 GTR will be even more expensive but they have no idea how much more. So ...the pricing is getting a little silly now.

ps. I went to audi and they were happy to price negotiate on a TTRS brand new. He basically dropped around 10k off the price after some hard bargaining. I didnt end up buying the car because...well...its not a GTR.

Is my dealership manager a wank? or is this all normal for this car.

Would just like your input so I know that if I buy the car at that price...im not being duped as an idiot. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey there avid enthusiasts.

Im a new member (logged in 10 min ago).

I was thinking of buying a new GTR. I never liked the idea of buying second hand esp presumed tracked and hard launched cars.

Here is the problem.

The car on road is $182,000

Is this normal? The FTG dealership in melbourne says it is. Thats their price. No negotiating. This strikes me as odd. They have 2-3 unsold GTRs and despite the manager claiming they get 15 querries a week, its not like they have 15 buyers a week. So..why is he playing hardball with the price when I would think hes struggling to move the cars?

Did you guys pay this much for a new GTR?

I know that magazines and internet retail the car at $150k but the driveaway price is $182k.

So yeah I guess my questions are...

IS the car retailing now at $182k?

What did YOU pay for the car brand new?

Was their negotiating involved?

They also claim the 2011 GTR will be even more expensive but they have no idea how much more. So ...the pricing is getting a little silly now.

ps. I went to audi and they were happy to price negotiate on a TTRS brand new. He basically dropped around 10k off the price after some hard bargaining. I didnt end up buying the car because...well...its not a GTR.

Is my dealership manager a wank? or is this all normal for this car.

Would just like your input so I know that if I buy the car at that price...im not being duped as an idiot.

I think i paid $167k drive away, or it might have been $169k. A year ago now. That was before some price rise. But it was also the full retail price at the time. Most guys paid the full clip back then, and had not even sat in the car.

Why not try phoning some other dealers?

It all depends on what model and colour. I picked mine up two months ago from FTG Nissan, a white premium for $182,000. If you are sitting in front of him with a deposit, you can always ask for more but I know he has not had an unsold one in the showroom since last year. So yes obviously those 15 inquiries per week may not be all legitimate but if he only has three cars left for the year, they will sell whether you buy them or not. The car is awesome, I would have been happy to pay $250,000 for it. Yes it is a Nissan but as a car, nothing else comes close!

It all depends on what model and colour. I picked mine up two months ago from FTG Nissan, a white premium for $182,000. If you are sitting in front of him with a deposit, you can always ask for more but I know he has not had an unsold one in the showroom since last year. So yes obviously those 15 inquiries per week may not be all legitimate but if he only has three cars left for the year, they will sell whether you buy them or not. The car is awesome, I would have been happy to pay $250,000 for it. Yes it is a Nissan but as a car, nothing else comes close!

Thanks for your input guys.

Hey Wesa thats the colour I was looking at. White in premium. There is a mid late june white one coming in and I was thinking of getting that one. I also thought maybe I should wait for early 2011 but Im not sure if I want to pay an extra 5-10 or more thousand dollars (they cant tell me the increase) for what seem like very minor improvements.

pro: gives me time to organise a larger deposit

con: it costs more than the 182 for essentially the same car.

any advice?

The update to the 2010 model, which I wanted to wait for was really the sat nav and iPod connection. The suspension and brake changes were minor and I think they did not change the body? I love the white, especially the contrast with the black wheels and skirts! Need to get a great tint on it too. The problem is now one knows the changes if any to the 2011 model or price rises until they arrive or the 2010 models sell out. Yeah the prices have gone up since they first came out, 2 price rises I believe of around $10,000 i think? If you want the car just get it before it goes, 'cos when I drive mine, price id the last thing on my mind. Love iiiittttttt!!!!

Roll up with your wifes hand bag full of cash and tell him what you want to pay (reasonable price, not something crazy like $20k cheaper), salesmen lick your ass when you show them the cash infront of them. With new cars there isn't too much room to play with because they know that someone later will come and get it (even if it sits on the floor for 6 months). Failing that wait till the end of the year when they are making space for 2011 plated stock.

And if you're buying it with finance, does a few thousand dollars make that much difference? You will be paying way too much for it when you consider the interest anyway.

different dealership, different margins, different marketing department etc.

You can get much more than 10k off a TT-RS anyway if you want - i bet the Audi dude thought you were not bargaining hard at all :banana:

Nissan with bigger/flagship style models are always hard to deal with on the end price

i bought my new 2010 from FTG about a month ago and that was the only new car on the floor - are you sure there are 2-3 new cars sitting in the showroom?

Audi TT and GTR are two completely different cars - those TTRS's would be harder to sell than a 612 Scaglietti, so thats the reason why you can low ball them

decide what car you want, then go and heckle, but dont expect Nissan to bend as far as an Audi dealer

Edited by domino_z

Domino I think he was counting the allocations he had coming in as well as the unsold black one they have now.

This is a rather decent forum and I thank you guys for your opinions and thoughts :P

Im going in today after work about 1ish and perhaps buy the car. Big step...not a rich dude but doing ok. Dont have kids and not married yet (girlfriend is still at uni)...I know it aint wise from a money investment point of view e.t.c but if I dont do something silly and exciting like buying a GTR now, I dont see myself doing it later when I have even MORE financial ball and chain scenarios.

IF I do end up doing something crazy like this then perhaps I can get to know some of you Melbourne GTR 35 owners and discuss things and have meet ups.

Cheers all

it's your money mate, only you can justify the purchase

im in similar situation with the gf etc

as long as i have my houses under control, i dont mind making such a big purchase

go for it, and enjoy it, it's a great car.... constantly scraping the long front overhang excluded natch

im in melb, shoot me a pm when you pick the car up, my mates and i are always organising drives up to kinglake, toolangi, mt donna buang etc

Edited by domino_z

Hope you guys take good care of your R35's - if the money is tight it would be sad to have a car badly taken care off, not maintained properly, may be really hard to sell to another owner in a few months or years when you have enough of fun.

So what was the final onroad price????

$180,000

They really were anal about price so I couldnt be effed playing the bargain game over a couple gran but I just kept saying so its 180? and they kept correcting me :thumbsup: then they just said 'look we want to give you something back so 180 it is'.

I still havent taken their demo for a test drive (doubt it will change my mind).

Does the 2010 model have launch control 2? I noticed they have pre and post track service which made me think...is this car under warranty if I take it to the track? Guess I'll just ask them.