SAU Community

My Car Runs Unlimted Boost... Help

hey yall having big problems with my car.

ok so whats happened is im sick of running a standar 7psi boost and want to run more. i have an r33 series gtst with a standard rb25 and standard t28 turbo. I have now tried three different boost controllers on the car... one being a dual stage turbo smart one and one being a cheap shitty bleed tap sort of thing. when ever i or someone else connects em up they will always run unlimted boost.. what do i do?

the wast gate actuatar seems to be fine because im running a steady 7psi without the boost controllers. checked all the vac lines and no leaks.

does anyone know whats happened? and how do i fix this?

please leave me some feedback of support.

chev.

Try this (if it works try introducing your cheap sh*tty bleed tap thing. If that now works then your boost controller should work if you connect it up right):

This is the 10 minute no cost boost to 0.5 bar rerouting of the vacuum hoses [thanks to SK]. Disconnect the two vacuum hoses from the solenoid. Then connect the boost feed (from the cross over pipe on the left of the picture) to the standard T piece. Connect one side of the T piece directly to the wastegate actuator (on the right of the picture). The remaining connection on the T piece goes back into the inlet via the BOV return pipe (on the standard fitting). Make sure to put the standard brass restrictor in that vacuum hose to bypass the desired amount back into the turbo inlet. The standard bypass hole of 1.25 mm bypasses enough air flow for 0.5 bar. (See photo)

PS: If you want more boost you can drill out the bypass, 1.5 mm = more boost (around 0.7 bar) 1.75mm = a bit more (around 1.0 bar).

did you connect the boost controller wrong way round?

+1, you're obviously not getting any plenum pressure to the wastegate actuator. Check out some of the boost controller install guides in the Tutorials/DIY section, then double check your install - there must be something misconnected. Post pictures of the tubes if you cant find it.

that happen to me and yes it was boost controller connected wrong double check that if its 100% right then its your actuator