SAU Community

Street Bomb A31

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just scored a power cable, earth cable. battery clamp, and some heater hose for the battery relocation off the old man, score!

All I need now is a battery, hopefully the bro can do some dodgeys through work and get me a brand newie this week.

Also cleaned fuel rail again, and fitted some cleaned stock injectors.

got the cooler piping welded up today, cost: a box of carlton dry.

Also just finishing of a custom autometer temp sendor mount for the top radiator hose, dodgey looking but it will work without destroying my orig omori temp sendor mount :)

not a interesting update, no pics.

Done a heap of stuff, to-do list is getting smaller.

Got a battery from a toyota kluger, is f**king huge!

Its not new either, but its in good nick.

Will take the camera with me tomorrow and get a few snaps.

Should be running by xmas, then hopefully can get a tune in late january. :bunny:

• 2 weeks later...

well it runs, also ran before xmas haha.

currently running with rb25 ecu, rb25 inj and Afm just to sort out bugs, check for leaks etc.

drove it with no exh and shithouse wheel alignment, rb30 torque is good.

Tomorrow it gets the dump pipe mated back upto the rest of the system, piss the cat off, also get rid of the cannon in favour for straight 3" tip.

wanted to go to a 3.5" system with a single hotdog, bank account says no :(

Wheel align friday, then wait till the xmas/new years police blitz calms down and take it out to put some km's on the motor.

Still some more things needed, like anotther boost gauge as the current one hasnt got a big enough psi reading on it :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

Completed engine bay pic, still needs a wash.

drives good, seems reasonably responsive with the largeish turbo (thank you cubic capacity and a sensible exh housing size)

Currently have the exh manifold off and getting it copied (I was keen on doing it after helping with a mates steampipe sr20 manifold) but want the car running and tuned asap)

got a 30psi autometer boost gauge in it now, plus aqquired another bm44 master (3rd time lucky!)

night have reasonable brakes now.

Still have no indicators, dodgey taillights and a bad earth somewhere.

Oh the joys of fixing a worn out car.

dsc00967q.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

indicators still stuffed?

i noticed when u unplug the hazard button the indicator's dont work as they have a wire the loops through the plug the light green/Red wire

ive got working hazzards though..

no indictors still and to be honest, i havent really tried to find the problem in the last couple of months.

Motorvation is a all time low, ive always loved tuff street cars, and in recent times in melbourne, its impossible to drive anything modified around.

Have to pull the timing covers to address a belt issue, top belt tensioner is maxxed out, so have to adjust the bottom.

Which is a pain in the ass, but still a better setup with the twincam rb30 conversion.

Also questioning the timing belt quality as there isnt a whole lot of performance options available.

See how I go, I guess.

Does drive nice though, 3litres, a turbo a tad smaller than a GT35r, means Ive got near standard response :wub:

• 1 month later...

LOL at toffy

why would we wreck it, only things to finish off are indicators and brake lights. take it to an auto elec to fix the indicator and get them to repin the brake light relay to a general/generic type relay (bosh etc)

and yes pimp slaps all round, and if i had an address i could even get round to it for... um.....a motivation push :whistling:

driveline is to be sold before I sell the shell etc.

Rb30det, R33det head, de-vct

$9k, cooler to tailshaft.

clutch,flywheel,box and tailshaft was $3100.

Has a driven on once powertune steampipe manifold- $1200 alone

Machining all up was 2100 - I can give interested partys a full run down of what got done.

mahle pistons, spool rods. 1600 worth

n1/jpc gear oil pump - 730 worth

sump with baffling, 6.5litres - $630

PLus a heap of other things not mentioned, 272 cams,cam gears, ross balancer yadda yadda.

Its good, done less than 20km's on the road.

Will make a responsive 330-350rwkw

Over it!!!

• 1 month later...

faaaaark what a rip, if you get id done once the car is running Clive ill get my work to do it $170

gday there kris , how are ya buddy , is there any chance of hooking me up a deal like that of even close to that , would be greatly appreciated as i am stuck in a rut atm and been for a while now , trying to source a front windscreen for my ceffy and no one in sydney has one , well from a while back i did my research , even if you can do me a deal on sending it here , you will be a life saver man , please help a brother out , cheers anf

• 2 months later...