SAU Community

Need Help With Sound System And Turoboooo

46XXX

Hi Buddies

I need some of your expertise wisdom for my Skyline GT R33...

I recently got this beauty but needed a lot of work...specially getting the RWC...oh u cant really know whats going on all those auto mechanics mind.... 5 different mechanics got 5 different problems on getting the RWC and none of them had the same issues!! funny....

I need some help in wiring the Amplifire...if anyone got an Alpine Amp for sale, I would be happy to talk to... and anyone to help me setting up the amp....and some advise on car sound:))

I had a blown up turbo on this beautiful car....since I change the water pump and timing belt the car has less boost...i dont know why neither my mechanics....

Can anyone advise me where can I buy a turbo and Fitted for 600 to 700 Dollars here on the Gold Coast or Brisbane... currently the boost goes hardly upto the 0 mark....

Its a real head turner this car.....

Sparkles on the Orange Paint....

Tinted windows and Lowered Body Kit....

XXX personalised plate with 'Endless Summer' and Surfers Boy pic on it....

19" chrome wheels looks hot!! ok i stop now, too much for me to say to my own car...

The Transporter

[email protected]

hey mate welcome to SAU :P (these are my opinion and only advice others may have other opinions or similar).

firstly: if ur looking for a turbo for 600-700 fitted will be difficult or dare i say impossible if ur wanting a genuine jap turbo with all lines fittings, manifold if not using T3, unless ur planning to just put another standard turbo on then its possible.

secondly: u might want to get rid of ur 19" chromes, as i predict others might give u grief for having them on a performance car (guessing u would want a good performance car?) but thats up to u if u get rid of them :banana: if u want nice wheels that look good and u have money TE37's are nice i want these for my 33 but cant atm but soon :D or XD9's LGMT4's theres plaenty out there just have to look :banana:

thirdly: What did the different mechanics say? (wat is stopping u from getting a RWC just list what they say here)

fyi: im pretty certain that boost is meant to start from 0<

finally: if ur keen i have 2 12" subs eclipse (its the ones that are made from aluminum) and an amp which is eclipse also i bought these new from northfield car sound but only had them in the car for abt 1.5-2months because im slowly going to be changing my car to track car so im getting rid of most of my stuff.

the boost will start from 0, but since the gauge is a vaccum gauge as well as a boost gauge then it has to overcome the vaccum before it can create boost. the issue with this could be the fact that the turbo is blown, or the timing belt wasn't fitted properly.

as for your rwc issues, post up what they said, that will allow us to help you.

as for a turbo, for that price you will be looking at second hand unit fitted, or you may be able to get a bush bearing unit new for about that money, but then you will be looking at extra for fitting and possibly new oil and water lines which will put the cost over $1000.

Many thanks for the feedbacks, ok

the boost gauge starts at -7 then it can't go over 0, it has upto +7 on the gauge!

I'm only looking for an alpine sub ATM m500 or m450 or m350 model coz I got a 10" sub inside the car n not in the boot!

Ok those 19" wheels looks magnificent, only one of it's type, I wish I could upload a pic but for some reason the browser says these pics r too large!!! I m happy to sacrifice performance for the outlook coz doing performance on the street u risk ur lisence but the looks gets a lot of attention!o!

Rwc finally I got one as the 6th mechanics just gave it to me, the other 5 had issues with -

wheel spacer

front bumper bar was cut to install the body kit

blow off valve

no pod filter cover

no indicator lights on the bumper itself!

They all had different issues n none had the same issues!

I'm happy to fit in a factory turbo as long as it's a TUROBOO!!

Ok those 19" wheels looks magnificent, only one of it's type, I wish I could upload a pic but for some reason the browser says these pics r too large!!! I m happy to sacrifice performance for the outlook coz doing performance on the street u risk ur lisence but the looks gets a lot of attention!o!

19" chrome rims are going to pull more attention than a set of performance rims are, that's true. But it's not just the honda kids and the lebspec ricer crew looking at you. There's another group of people who get more joy out of spotting chrome than the braindead, they're called... The Police.

And "sacrificing performance for outlook" means sacrificing handling and braking. The other poster wasn't talking about making your car more hektik for skids, he meant performance as in - SAFE.

Rwc finally I got one as the 6th mechanics just gave it to me, the other 5 had issues with -

wheel spacer

front bumper bar was cut to install the body kit

blow off valve

no pod filter cover

no indicator lights on the bumper itself!

They all had different issues n none had the same issues!

I'm happy to fit in a factory turbo as long as it's a TUROBOO!!

Illegal

Illegal unless mod plated by an engineer

Illegal if it's venting to atmosphere

Not illegal as long as the pod can't be moved - at all - without unbolting it.

Illegal

Sounds like mechanic #6 was about as dodgy as they come. You better hope to Christ that they don't spot those 19" chrome beacons and pull you over.

On the up side. MUCH easier to read this time. Thank you. :blink:

In qld u can legally have 1.3 times the manufacturer size

so if a skyline manufacturer spec is 16" then legally u can ve upto 20.8" wheel with a low prof tyre!!

What's funny s I drove this fron Sydney to all the way Brisbane without a numbr plate then on the 12 th day cops stopped me!! Anyway I got away with having no numbr plate for some good reason! They had no issues with the car except aftr markt gear knob n those washers to spray water on wind screen as it had lights!! It's fixed! I recon what get more attention of cops is seeing someone performing on some performance wheels!!

Peace;)

so if a skyline manufacturer spec is 16" then legally u can ve upto 20.8" wheel with a low prof tyre!!

What's funny s I drove this fron Sydney to all the way Brisbane without a numbr plate then on the 12 th day cops stopped me!! Anyway I got away with having no numbr plate for some good reason! They had no issues with the car except aftr markt gear knob n those washers to spray water on wind screen as it had lights!! It's fixed! I recon what get more attention of cops is seeing someone performing on some performance wheels!!

Peace;)

You're missing the point. We don't perform on performance wheels when we're on the street (at least those of us who aren't retarded). We have them on as daily wheels because they look good without being flashy, and save weight which makes the car nicer to drive, and uses slightly less fuel. They don't draw anywhere near as much attention as a set of hektik chromies that are practically visible from space either.

And yes, you could have a 20.8 inch wheel with a low profile tyre if you wanted to look like a complete asshat, and have your car drive like a bucket of shit.

I love how you seem so concerned about illegal activities yet you only talk about your rims instead of the stuff that's illegal and the stuff that's possibly illegal on your car. Legit as.

Also, you really need to learn to English.

Lol i knew this was going to happen :P but Isola does have a point and i think cops will feel that its more of a reason to pull you over with chromes then some one with a pair of lets say TE37's and with most of the jap car enthusiasts will appericate ur car more with a decent set of jap wheels doesnt even have to be actual Work, Rays or BBS u could even get the rota grids that look like the LMGT4 they are copies may weigh a bit more than the real thing but i bet they are lighter then chromes.

I reckon if you have any mates with a pair or set of nice jap wheel just do a test fit i bet u will think it will look way better than what u have on right now.

and i also agree that the 6th mechanic would classed as dodgy, but without those dodgy guys half of the people on here wouldnt even have their car on the roads lol :D

also with ur boost problem if it isnt ur turbo thats not letting u boost then look for a vacume leak or check ur piping. ***check all lines and piping feel each one dont just look from afar n think they are sweet*** (thats if it is the lines or piping)

Show me a reference in QLD trasport that states this.. As this is bullshit unless rules have changed..

Also no advice from me as you already sound like an asshat..

Show me a reference in QLD trasport that states this.. As this is bullshit unless rules have changed..

I think he's talking about keeping the rolling diameter withing legal limits. Just in a weird ricer way.

Agree on asshattery though.

i thought it u were allowed 3 inches more than standard? so if standard is 16, wouldnt 19 be just legal or is that including the tyre also?

while were are on the topic of wheels :thumbsup: does anyone's r33 space saver 17"?? i thought it was a bit weird cause if standard is 16 on a 33 gtst i have no idea why my space saver 17" only conclusion i can come up with is the previous owner bought it... but who buys space saver wheels?????

i thought it u were allowed 3 inches more than standard? so if standard is 16, wouldnt 19 be just legal or is that including the tyre also?

I think it's actually a percentage, not a measurement

I really want a "Turoboooo" though :thumbsup:

I want one that stops boosting at 0!

I think it's actually a percentage, not a measurement

ahh true ok.

this guy 46XXX i reckon his prob not going to be on SAU any longer lol o well i tried to warn him...... :thumbsup:

lol at him coming into the forums:

1) all huffing and puffing about his car that 5 others mechs couldn't roadworthy

2) writing in big bold letters that melted isola's brains/eyes initially

3) admitting his car had flakes with orange paint and 19" chromies

4) telling us about his PPlates

5) and signing off as the transporter :thumbsup:

he'll be back I reckon though

Edited by jaxt

he'll be back I reckon though

I'm sure he will, and that's fine. But I just hate these people that sign up and ask for advice and then argue with you over how you're telling them the wrong thing because it's not what they want to hear.

And I'm sick of people lebbing out Skylines. When will these cars be "too old" for them? :thumbsup:

I'm sure he will, and that's fine. But I just hate these people that sign up and ask for advice and then argue with you over how you're telling them the wrong thing because it's not what they want to hear.

And I'm sick of people lebbing out Skylines. When will these cars be "too old" for them? :thumbsup:

lol i think originally he wanted help with the RWC but i started the focus on the rims and tried to warn him but then he kept defending them even though i tried to do it nicely so he'd get the idea haha.

good way to tell how ppl want to do their cars up is would they prefer to see cars in HOT4's mag or HPI (just as an example) i personally prefer HPI and i assume Isola would prefer HPI with his hate for chromes.

This car sounds murdered anyway. Not to be racist, but look at his name and his lack of proper grammar/spelling, he's gotta be foreign.

I had a blown up turbo on this beautiful car....since I change the water pump and timing belt the car has less boost...i dont know why neither my mechanics....

lol what mechanic do you use?! Pretty f**king useless if you ask me. If a mechanic can't tell you why your car isn't making boost, and one of them gives you the thumbs up for a RWC considering a BOV, wheel spacers, insecure pod, butchered bodywork and NO INDICATOR, then I suggest you find a better mechanic, cos those ones don't know shit.

Orange flaked paint, big shit chrome wheels, big uleh fully sick subwoofer, lights on the windscreen washers, all = fail.

Also, learn to converse in English you douche.