SAU Community

R32 Rb20 Gts-4

OMGGTR

Hi guys..

I have a weird problem, every now and then ONLY IN THE MORNING will happen once every month at least.... or maby 2 times..

My car on cold start up... will fire up but only run 5 cylinders... now ill drive it running like fkn shit all the way to work... (7:45 am )

by 5:30 6ish PM i will then go back to my car start it up and drive home on 6 cylinders.. running sweet....

problem is... i cant diagnose since i gotta go to work and at work im to busy to look at it myself... (apprentice mech)

Things to know

Recent Yellow jacket coil packs brand new

Recent Iridium plugs x6

things remaining old are the loom to the coil packs and the ignition moduel.

If any one has had this problem remember its only in the morning when the car has been sitting for ages.. in the cold also..

any help will be greatly appreciated :glare:

Can some professionals with experience in these awkward missfire problems help me ? im fkn doped at whats happening it only does it in the morning after a 10 min drive it sits at the carpark all day then after work its fine.... every day ....????? Help! ?

it may be moisute getting into the plugs on the look. try some electrical contact cleaner or some of the electrical paste you can get on all the plugs to try and improve the connection.

if you have the coil pack valley cover on then try removing it and leave it off for a few days and see what happens.

id say its moisture to. but seems like a massive amount of moisture getting in... when i cleaned my engine bay (with a shitload of water) the engine ran ruff as guts, but even after 10 mins it was fine of driving, so i dont know how a little bit of moisture getting into your plugs and not drying after getting to work, which i assume is 30 mins away? and not have it dry up...

just a thought, could it be oil leaking into the plugs? check your valley covers

coil packs are new yellojackets but it was doing it b4 i changed them too.. the center cover is off..... 1 question the ignition module at the back which way does the arrow on the top plastic face... its not dummy proof maby i put it on the wrong way ? but the moisture problem is 100% i drove it for 1 hr yesterday running shit then BAM all 6 started fireing properly... its gota be a shit connection someware.... ill try contact cleaner..

the loom connectors look good...no sign of shitty connection... the wires all the way back rnt 100% perfect but i duno i dont wana go buying shit for nothing... maby grab a multy meter n test? can this be done?

It would be a good idea to test the igniter and coil plug in the morning by contact cleaning the coil plug then start it up and check. If it still runs shit clean the igniter plug, start it and doing this in the morning will ensure you've gotten rid of the moisture.

It only needs a small spray on the plug and pins to evaporate any moisture, just give the cleaner 20 seconds to fully evaporate before you plug it back in.

Holy f**k i fixed it... changed my blitz suspower filter (metal one) to a el cheepo autobarn dry one and i havent had the problem since.......... Moisture on the metal filter? no clue but its fixed