SAU Community

Off Street Drags TONIGHT!! 21/01/2004

Tosh

(from memory)

11.7xx on his 1st run (128mph, 1.9x 60ft)

11.8xx on his 2nd run (nice and clean run)

12.1xx on his 3rd run (looked like he bogged down alittle in 1st gear)

2rismo did a

unsure about the first

13.4xx on his 2nd run

13.5xx on his 3rd run

That 11.7xx is quite easily going to be broken in the next month or 3 too. The 11.7xx was done with 0% rubber on the track so after afew Top Fuel dragster meetings grip will be quite abit better. The staging area looked quite slippery from the grandstand. Most cars were kicking sideways when launching.

I'm sure Buster will have a new thread waiting for us in the morning.

Yeah, you wimps! It rained for about 30 mins at 4:30, then they dried the track out and it was all on! I had four runs, the last of which was against a HSV GTS 300, which I slaughtered :headshot: ! Saw Buster and 2rismo get in some good runs. Was a great, history making night :D

Richard

Thanks mate :D .

You weren't too shabby either..

I was really please with my 60ft times. very consistent for my first time out. 1.824, 1.836, 1.837 and 1.834! Plus I cracked 100mph on the last run.

Richard

Was that the stock looking black GTiR ? If so... damn it was doing good 60ft's, certainly noticable from the Grandstand :D

Yep. That was me (only GTI-R there). It was funny, the anouncer goes: "Here's Richard with his Nissan GTR" then sounded really confused whilst looking at a little black hatchback whre the "GTR" was supposed to be :Oops:

Glad you like the launchs, I'm just happy my clutch and gearbox held up :D

Richard

IMG_0778_resize.jpg

That's the first rubber down on the strip, boysngirls!

Adrian

I was in the servo afterwoods, you were parked on the servo forecort and the servo chick was having a heart attack cause you had no plates on the front (she thought you were going to fill up and bail). Thanks to her (and you) I realised I didn't have any plates on mine - may not have been a fun trip home without 'em. :thumbdwn:

ROFL!!!

The guy came out and looked at the plate at the back and gave me big attitude. When I asked what he thought he was doing, he asked why i didnt have a front plate on then it all clicked into place.

We had a great chat about cars in general for a while till i said, "mate I have to drive back to Wollongong, i gotta go or i'll be having micro-sleeps for dinner".

lol

Adrian