SAU Community

Tyre Stretch

Basti

i wanna get some 235/40/r18s onto a 10inch wide rim. purely cos i have both lying around and dont wanna shell out for new tyres yet. can this be done, and pls reccomend some places that can do the fitting for me as i know most tyre shops dont like stretching stuff

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it can. we use a bicycle tube to bridge the gap that a 225 gives on a 10" wheel, so 235 should be easier. any shop that builds drift cars should be able to do it, they'll have someone there who has the technique down pat.

otherwise if you have till saturday give me the wheels I'll take em up to Campbellfield and chuck em on for you on the machine.

i'll ring around then, but saturday sounds good. i'll come up wit you tho cos tyres need to be swapped from one pair of wheels to another, and the second pair needs their tyres swapped to another pair lol. might not fit 6 rims plus tyres in your ceffy

niroj give wheeltech a call. they are in dande. they will do it for ya. they have done 225 on a 9" and 225 on a 9.5" rim for me so 235 on 10" wont be a problem.

No it looks hardcore Charles. Even 225/235 on 9" looks good. Hardcore!

it is hardcore, because im hardcore. i will f**k your shit up mr dude with pecs bigger than my face

And give you no grip lol. Might as well run stockies :)

interesting thought you have there kis, because thats exactly what i currently run, and they are awe, wait for it......SOME

niroj give wheeltech a call. they are in dande. they will do it for ya. they have done 225 on a 9" and 225 on a 9.5" rim for me so 235 on 10" wont be a problem.

see its only the blek fellas in here that actually show me any love. bloody wasteland whores. plus, atm, my car is turning into a hard parker anyways. i'll worry bout a more practical fitment if i ever bother to get to a track

geezus.... just buy proper size tyres u cheap kunt.

+1

Illegal, insurance won't pay out. Defects, looks stupid, grips shit.

Oh but its HellaFlush according to some nerds in the states.

235 on a 10 is a lot of stretch i had it, wouldnt do it again go a 245 should be spot on plus if your car isnt really low its going to look ridiculous having mass stretch and fender gap

I daily a 225 on a 9.5"... don't seem to have any issues. although tyre brand and model has a lot to do with it. Something with a flimsy sidewall will be balls. Also depends on how the tyre seats in the rim, which somewhat depends on the design of the rim.

But....

plus if your car isnt really low its going to look ridiculous having mass stretch and fender gap

I agree. Ngaroj unless you slam the crap out of your 33, stretched tyres are just gonna look stupid. And by slam I mean like less than 1cm between fender and rim (not tyre).