SAU Community

RIP My Old Girl

I found out today that my much loved,,,departed Capri sports sedan is no more. She was a good girl,,,sure she broke my heart on way to many occasions but she didn't deserve this. We had great times together when she was doing what she was told.

R.I.P. my love,,,I will never forget your wheel lifting,,,rotor screaming good times.

Saddened

Neil.

So I'll take it you hate Rotors Noel,,,thats cool,,,they are an aquired taste. Personally I loved the sound and loved reving her to 10500 rpm and I actually still do love that really beautiful sound everyone hates. I'll always have a soft spot for wankels forever.

Heres some early pics of my be-loved girl.

post-29-1277121189_thumb.jpg

post-29-1277121366_thumb.jpg

post-29-1277121275_thumb.jpg

She had some great stuff under her hood,,,13BPP,,,Wolf3d injection,,,needham straight cut internals,,,9'' and 10'' slick,,,fibreglass everywhere and Duncans blood spilled all over her.

She was a great girl.

Neil.

Bite,,,can you imagine the comments I used to get owning her,,,I used to cop so much crap. I just laughed and spun the story that Ford own Mazda so it was a match made in heaven and then some times win my class. She did me proud when she didn't smash motors,,,diffs and axles. Pick and Pay less were great.

Texi,,,he smashed her at Bathurst the 1st time he took her out on a wet track on slicks,,,so he is a dick-head and in my eyes will be forever.

Jason,,,,YOU suck tiger,,,that only happened twice that you know of.

Neil.

Awesome sounding car and a shame it is no more. Love the wankel, used to have a 12APP RX-3 myself, as well as a 13BT series 2 RX-7.

There was nothing cooler than revving, and revving and revving and listening to that beautiful sound!

the noise must be an acquired taste.

the sad thing is the amount of time neil put into fixing the chassis/suspension etc. but once you sell your child you can't control what happens to it

BTW it was a slow roll....and the front end is tube frame. I'm sure that can all be fixed if necessary

the sad thing is the amount of time neil put into fixing the chassis/suspension etc. but once you sell your child you can't control what happens to it

BTW it was a slow roll....and the front end is tube frame. I'm sure that can all be fixed if necessary

Also, motor could be replaced for a case of piss. it's only got 8 or so pieces in it.

It's like appreciating a fine wine, it's a taste the develops with time!

Brap brap brap... :rolleyes:

i remember this car at the bathurst hill climb when he hit the wall and brock the rack end he got a bolt and welded the rack end back 2gether with the bolt where it snaped

Nah mate shes rooted,, apparently both chassis rails are stuffed,,,remember she only had minimal strut towers as well which would be cactus.

To be fair Pete she was always had rebuilds using 2nd hand parts,,,I could never spring the 45 grand for real quality stuff. If I remember correctly she had 4 re-builds in total,,,some real ordinary ones,,,10mm oil pumps instead of 12mm and all sorts of shit,,,but the last one Redline rebuilt was fantastic. That last one I could rev her to 13,500 but the torque curve was long gone so I used to shift about 10,500.

Yea David he is a tool,,,I supplied him the said bolt that he got welded on and then he sent his son out when it was fixed,,,trouble was he didn't put the centre stay on the front splitter and it folded up under the car. Total idiot,,,he or his son could have had a second crash and in the vid the car still doesn't have it on. I sold her with all the fibreglass moulds and I think I used to pay 250 buck for front splitters to be made.

Given the right car I would not hesitate at buying another Rotor powered sports sedan. Phunky knows what I'm talking about,,,until you have driven one you don't know what your missing.

Nissan and Mazda rotors will always be my favourite main stream loves,,,except RX8's they are gay.

Cheers

Neil.

Also, motor could be replaced for a case of piss. it's only got 8 or so pieces in it.

i've got a starter motor that makes the same noise and probably has more torque :bunny:

in all seriousnes Neil sucks when you realise you've sold your car to a complete twat. if it wasn't for the busted chassis rail could have swapped the bonnet for a new one and snuck a vuvuzela under there and nobody would have noticed anything unusual :P