SAU Community

Can Honda アクティ Be Imported?

Hi just wondering if Honda アクティ can be imported ?

p_drug69-img600x450-1273421178jgh483160.jpg

or anything similar?

Vehicles similar to this can be imported as long as they are built in 1988 or earlier. The newer ones are not powerrful enough to meet the minimum power-to-weight ratio under the SEVS compliance requirements.

The Acty and most other Kei cars can't be imported because of SEVS regs, but in the case of Daihatsu, they could be made eligible because Daihatsus are no longer sold here new. Getting them on the register is one thing, getting them to meet ADRs is another entirely - from people who have tried with the Beat and the Cappuccino, apparently it's virtually impossible to meet ADRs.

I have seen the van version of that kicking around here a fair bit. as for getting one of those - find it pre 89 and knock your self out. plenty at the auctions and from what I can see - cheap as.

I have seen the van version of that kicking around here a fair bit. as for getting one of those - find it pre 89 and knock your self out. plenty at the auctions and from what I can see - cheap as.

whats the go with compliance for pre 89?

very interested, love these style of cars for some reason ahaha

Edited by Kaido_RR

ok found exactly what i want 4wd + hydraulic back 1986

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e104404755

Just need someone to point me in the right direction regarding the import approval

• 1 month later...
The Acty and most other Kei cars can't be imported because of SEVS regs, but in the case of Daihatsu, they could be made eligible because Daihatsus are no longer sold here new. Getting them on the register is one thing, getting them to meet ADRs is another entirely - from people who have tried with the Beat and the Cappuccino, apparently it's virtually impossible to meet ADRs.

I've seen 2 cappuccinos on the streets of Melbourne :S

One red and the other yellow.

The Cappuccino and Beat were allowed in under the old compliance system pre-RAWS/SEVS, so they would've been in the country for at least 5 years now.

+ Personal imports ?