SAU Community

Do you think R34's would sell in Australia?

gekisouzoku

Hi everyone!

I am just wondering what everyone thinks about R34's and if they would sell in Australia.

My uncle, has undertaken ISO for his Workshop and just deciding on the car to import under RAWS.

His ideas are R34's or Rx7 (1998)

I think R34's are best as they have GTS-ts and also the GTRs.

He said its possible to import the GTS-t, and sell for 35k fully complied, and the GTR for 70k fully complied.

What does everyone else think? Is it worth doing? He wants to have cheaper prices then they are selling now so they become more common in Australia.

PS. The GTRs would not be V-specs as that is another SEVS compliance.

Cheers

Unfortunately its in Perth - Malaga, so the market is not as big in the West. The plan is to sell them Australia wide though if possible.

I do all the translating for him, and my business partner in Japan who owns a car yard - Ishii Jidousha, will find all the cars for him, as he already purchases similar cars for his own yard.

I used to work for a company called &*^*% in Perth, we made stretch limos and hearses from Falcons and sent them to Japan. That is were I practised my translating skills. We won the Tokyo Auto Salon 2003 Grand Prize for Sedan or something lol.

If u wanna know the name of the company pm me. Lol.

I dont want them coming after me! :P

Have you started on your test car yet, just going through ISO or have your RAWS as it is getting harder and I wouldnt want to be the first workshop to do R34's as the good lights wont currently pass and have to be destroyed.

Wheels will have to be as per ADR evidence pack only, Tommy one's will have to be destroyed as it has to be how Nissan made them.

Visit www.j-spec.com.au and get the sale prices of a 34 and work back from their.

Look how many Series 8 RX7's are in Perth for sale (10) before you look at them and the cost of evidence isnt cheap.