SAU Community

Rb26 Into A R32 Gtst

dmac_25

Hey guys have a look at the RB26 we are putting into a clients R32 GTSt.

Mods are pretty basic.

We found a nice low km R33 GTR RB26 as a good donor. We then pulled the turbos off and put our rebuild kit sourced from Garret to 360 deg bearings and a high flow steel wheel rear exhaust wheel.

We pulled the sump off to modify it to be rwd. New water pump timing belt nismo thermostat and cam gears.

New set of nismo engine mounts and we dropped it in.

Will be controlled by a power fc running 18psi and our own power fc boost kit

Take a look at the pics.

422647d5.jpg

3aa8fc39.jpg

63a1ba73.jpg

5135b2b6.jpg

419c2393.jpg

8264147a.jpg

995d4d11.jpg

d0537789.jpg

821a5819.jpg

Yeah will wheel spin everywhere.

Money run out for the gearbox right now so the 20 box is back in I will just tune it for 18 psi as the box will be fine on the dyno then turn it down to about 12 until the box goes in.

Power fc as it's what was in it running the 20. We put a modified gtr power fc on it a few years back so I just reversed the mod to run the 26 again

The way he drives it will last a while at 12 psi should make around 230 and hold on till the 25 box goes in.

The sump baffle is money well spent we should have put an N1 oil pump on it but the 33 gtr pump will do the job it doesn't need to rev past 7 will be hard enough to drive as it is for the owner

Nothing wrong with the R33 pumps! Mine is still/was going 5 years ago and when I recently sold the car.

Revs seen as high as 9500 when I first got it (stock engine with N1's) then when I forged it set rev limit to 9k, but usually never saw more than 8-8.5k

Just avoid limiter banging and it'll live a long life!

I killed my RB20 box in less than a month with 270rwkw... hehe.

It was in excellent condition before that :D

Should have given the rockers/plenum a lick of paint before putting it in, much easier to remove/fit out of the car :P

I did the r26 gtst conversion myself in the carport about 7 years ago. Easy. Everything just bolts/plugs in together and chop the diff off the sump. Don't even need to weld it. My g/box with about 220rwkw lasted and survived a few drift and track days plus lots of thing I can't mention here. Loved 2nd gear launchs. Always put a smile on my face expecially since the 26 motor cost me 2k inc loom/afms etc off a wrecker in NSW back then.

Best bang for buck thing you can do to a 32 gtst.

Yeah with the right crank the factory pumps are better nut still live a short life if you give the engine a real hard time so I carnt see thus one letting go anytime soon.

I bet at tha power ash you would have been hearing clunk clunk clunk pretty soon. It's the shifting hard at that power that does the most damage.

Yeah I suggested painting them and je said one day think he is after the orginal worn look until he knows the cops lift the bonnet then shut it. Will be running the airbox so will be pretty stock bay.

Shh it's not that simple lol. Was a bit more stuffing round changing the 33 gtr loom back to 32 gtr and a few hours spent cutting the shit out of the sump then cleaning it all up. But it all just slots in.

It's funny to see just the slight changes from the 20 to 26 just as simple as the inlet for the power steering pump is at a different angle just the little things we have come across just pain in the arse things that you have to find the parts or head down the wrecker.

Shit 2k back then couldn't complain about that for bang for buck would have spent more then that trying to even get a 20 anywhere close to that.

Your spot on mate that is his car. I had the engine sitting in the shop for about 8 months waiting for him to stop the car off.

For sure keep popping your head in to see where it's up to. Just time to fit it in with everything else we got in in the shop.

Gtr box will be considered when the time comes around. It will be a more cost effective solution then a 33 box so it will be high on the list.

Rwd Nick tyre frying fun

Yeah with the right crank the factory pumps are better nut still live a short life if you give the engine a real hard time so I carnt see thus one letting go anytime soon.

I bet at tha power ash you would have been hearing clunk clunk clunk pretty soon. It's the shifting hard at that power that does the most damage.

Yeah I suggested painting them and je said one day think he is after the orginal worn look until he knows the cops lift the bonnet then shut it. Will be running the airbox so will be pretty stock bay.

Shh it's not that simple lol. Was a bit more stuffing round changing the 33 gtr loom back to 32 gtr and a few hours spent cutting the shit out of the sump then cleaning it all up. But it all just slots in.

It's funny to see just the slight changes from the 20 to 26 just as simple as the inlet for the power steering pump is at a different angle just the little things we have come across just pain in the arse things that you have to find the parts or head down the wrecker.

Shit 2k back then couldn't complain about that for bang for buck would have spent more then that trying to even get a 20 anywhere close to that.

Bugger i got a few R32 gtr looms laying about i would have swapped for the 33 one to make it plug in for you.

If i get lined up by this thing i think i might give it a wide berth i get the feeling it'll be a bit of an animal. :cool:

I'd love to do a conversion like this on my 33. A mate of mine really wants an s15 with an rb26 his dream ride i guess.

Haha mate yes this thing will be a big quiet achiever. The thing looks bog stock with the 32 gtr rims and doesn't look modified at all. Same as the engine bay we are keeping it low key stock air box with a few ducting mods and running mostly everything stock gtr and getting the most out of them.

It should be hauling around 300 with 18psi. I am using a bade tune from a 32 gtr I did with 34 gtr n1's very similar spec to these turbo's and made 315@19psi stock injectors and afm's but they were maxed out.

I'd like to run this against my gtr when it's done but I think 4 wheels are better then two.

For sure mate book yours in if you want i can get your car hauling.

For sure mate slowly getting there haven't had much time to spend on it but got the cooler piping made up to suit his universal cooler from aftermarket gtr silicon pipes.