SAU Community

Best Place To Try Racing Seats In Melbourne?

Hey guys,

The missus is on the hunt for a seat and would like to sit in a few to test them out.

Are there any good places in around Melbourne to do this, say between Brunswick and the CBD?

Cheers

Don't think you'll find anything within the city. My advice would be to go to either Meridian Motorsport (Moorabbin) or Revolution Racegear (Mitcham). These places have plenty seats on display to try out.

:(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Thread revival - any suggestions on where to check out some seats in Melbourne?

I'm looking for an entry level seat to replace the OEM one in my mostly street driven GTT sedan.

I'm after something that can be installed at the OEM mounting points and with a slider but still low.

Should have excellent lateral support in the seat back and bum but not too narrow at the thighs.

Budget is under 1k for seat, rails and slider.

Some initial options are:

Sparco R100 reclining, around $400 (Unique AutoSports)

0001053_sparco-r100_345.jpeg
Cobra Monaco Pro, around $500 (Revolution Racegear)
category26939_thumb_mid.jpg
Velo GP90 fixed back, around $600
31924GP90-Std.jpg
Proforce Safety RTS-300, around $400 (VPW), not much info on this online

1_513713_400_400.jpg

Sparco Corsa and Evo look great too but start getting pricey.

Any recommendations? Any shops that could help me choose? Should I even be considering fixed back for this type of use?

Thread reviva

Budget is under 1k for seat, rails and slider.

well than that pretty much rules out anything but fixed back.

try second hand. not sure what the deal is fitting aftermarket seats to skylines but doubt it will come out of the box (cheap)

some of the shops listed above are closed, but Revolution Racegear will have the biggest range. Concept Racegear near moorabbin airport isnt too bad for the budget racer.

• Like 1

well than that pretty much rules out anything but fixed back.

try second hand. not sure what the deal is fitting aftermarket seats to skylines but doubt it will come out of the box (cheap)

some of the shops listed above are closed, but Revolution Racegear will have the biggest range. Concept Racegear near moorabbin airport isnt too bad for the budget racer.

Thanks! The only reclining seat I've found in this price range is the Sparco R100, which sounds a bit too good to be true. I wonder if anyone's got any experiences to share?

Thanks guys. One more important thing to add to the requirements: I want to run the factory seat belt so any fixed seat would need to have suitable holes on each side plus a shape that doesn't get in the way of the shoulder belt. I'll see what the guys say in the shop.

Ok so I spent an hour at Concept Racegear in Cheltenham today, great service from Stan!

I tried these reclining seats:

• Sparco R100
  • OMP Style

They were both ok but nothing to write home about, they didn't feel that supportive to me (I'm average height and weight).

I then tried the two ADR approved fixed back seats in the Sparco range:

• Sparco Sprint V
  • Sparco Pro 2000

They were both a great fit, very snug and supportive, with the Pro having a slight edge with its lumbar support (it's got velcro pads that be moved to suit) and slightly better front edge padding.

Given my budget I picked the Sprint (the Pro is almost twice the price), which is also narrower at the shoulder so it should be an easier fit in the car and work better with the standard seatbelt. I also grabbed a 4-point Sparco harness that I'll run to the rear seat belt mounting points on the track.

Now if anyone has suggestions on how to get this mounted in an R34 GTT sedan -> http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/459830-mounting-sparco-sprint-v-on-stock-rails-in-r34-sedan/ :)

Thanks again Lee and Michael!

Edit: Also wanted to add that the side holes on the Sprint are much bigger than on the Pro so it's easier to slot the seatbelt receptacle through.

Edited by V28VX37

I'm sure you'll find a mounting guide on the forum somewhere with a bit of search.

I run Pro 2000's in my car with custom mounts and they are unreal for support.

Easier said than done it turns out, I've been trawling the forums to confirm which rails would suit a sedan.

I've tracked down the following Bride rail on sale:

BRIDE bottom mount seat rail type-RO drivers R/H side for NISSAN R34 GTT, W405mm x D260mm/235mm bolt holes
Details off the sticker: Bride Super Seat - Model R34(RWD) - Type RH - Code N105 - Parts list B
> Can anyone confirm if this rail suits an R34 GTT sedan?
I've found two older SAU for sale ads for 4door Bride rails and they had the following details on the (older style) sticker:
Bride - Model R34 - Type RH (T) - Code N105SO - Parts list SN*1
I can't find a clear answer if N105 and N105SO are for coupe and sedan, or whether the N105 is just a newer version of N105SO?!