SAU Community

R35 + Catback + E85 @ Wsid (full Weight)

LSX-438

Recently Martin @ Willall set me up with a mailorder E85 tune for my R35; we had the local mainline dyno place give it a run to show a respectable 385awkw. Fuel, boost and knock all good :P

So it was off to the drags yesterday (trackchat.com.au private day) to see how this puppy can go full weight down the strip. The WSID scales shows my R35 weighs in at a portly 1715kg, so including (portly also) driver we're talking about 1795kegs all up.

Straight up i was surprised it ran a 10.8? @ 132mph, spinning off the line with a rather crappy launch. I was told not to come back if i intended running another 10, so i left it a few hours...

Later in arvo i managed a better launch (1.71 sixty) for a better ET of 10.73 @ 132mph. So i was kicked out!! Very happy. This was on the 20" Bridgestones too (original rears which are quite shagged). I reckon with the lighter 18" track rims and less passenger seat we'll be about 3/10ths faster, but dunno if i will ever get the chance to find out though.

The car drives absolutely 100% stock, you would never know!

Thanks Martin.

have you been converted to drag racing now? It looked exciting

I've done a lot of drag racing in the past; this was just a fun relaxing day Duncan.

How easy does the r35 do it, i could have been drinking a latte (might just do that next time for shits and giggles).

yeah that's what i mean, it looked way too easy. but it is amazing how easily these and some other modern cars smash the barriers that used to define a "super quick" dedicated drag car. ANDRAs rules re license cage and chute look very dated these days

more like half your left arse cheek.... the good half.

yeah agree with handley. the andra rules are so out of touch with reality. they expect you to buy a overpriced cereal box licence, and do a whole bunch of 'safety' mods to your car just so you can accelerate for 400m in a straight line and then stop at the end. this mind you is your street car that you can legally drive on the road, around corners, up hills, on a race track but not on a drag strip cause they reckon a $150K nissan with $10K worth of mods is far too fast.

ps, well done. just like vin diesel in fast and furious you have a '10 second car man'. yahoo!

Very quick indeed, great stuff.

ANDRA really need to look at that 10s rule when mildly modded street cars on stock tyres can manage that. This isn't no 13BT 808 on slicks! :rofl2:

shit that looks easy

80 kg heavy driver

lol

thats like my left arse cheek

more like half your left arse cheek.... the good half.

yeah agree with handley. the andra rules are so out of touch with reality. they expect you to buy a overpriced cereal box licence, and do a whole bunch of 'safety' mods to your car just so you can accelerate for 400m in a straight line and then stop at the end. this mind you is your street car that you can legally drive on the road, around corners, up hills, on a race track but not on a drag strip cause they reckon a $150K nissan with $10K worth of mods is far too fast.

ps, well done. just like vin diesel in fast and furious you have a '10 second car man'. yahoo!

Fatz has a good half of his arse cheek?

Very quick indeed, great stuff.

ANDRA really need to look at that 10s rule when mildly modded street cars on stock tyres can manage that. This isn't no 13BT 808 on slicks! :P

My thoughts exactly...