SAU Community

Gtr Exhaust Upgrade

s15guy

Picking up my new white 2010 GTR on Monday (very excited)

Tested their silver one a week ago (huge grin factor). Very subdued on the sound department.

First thing on my agenda a top quality exhaust upgrade (power, sound, lighter)

With so many out there HKS, AMUSE e.t.c is there a top 3 in peoples minds?

What consideration do I need to give? e.g. Y pipe, straight pipe e.t.c

Are there GTR 35 owners here who have upgraded a full dual exhaust system and which and why did you choose the one you have?

Cheers

I am also looking to change the exhaust. Does anyone know anything about the Stillen cat back system. A bloke from Tassie I met said he put one on his R35 and he reckons it sounds awesome. Does anyone know if Nissan voids the new car warranty if you mod the exhaust (cat back only).

your whole car warranty cannot be voided by a single mod. advice on the forums and internet is not worth much in a dealership or in the law courts but in general if the non-genuine part can be identified as the cause for the problem under warranty claim (eg: turbocharger problem or something even slightly related to the exhaust) then nissan may not honour your warranty, even if it is BS.

if your aircon stops working or a suspension component fails of course nissan would find it hard to refuse warranty for the sake of a midpipe.

I would say you would be very unlucky to have a midpipe or catback cause a problem that will void a warranty claim but it is conceivable so do so at your own risk.

I might add though that you would be hard pressed to find an R35 on this forum without at least a midpipe these days!

I might add though that you would be hard pressed to find an R35 on this forum without at least a midpipe these days!

Do you need to do a retune if you do a midpipe. I was led to believe that no retune is required if you only change the catback system.

you dont need to do a retune, but a COBB stage 2 or Mail order tune form Willall or similar will maximise the benefits. Once you reflash the ECU however nissan will start flapping their arms more than with just the midpipe/catback.

For those that live in SE Qld the Mercury guys have the COBB tuning software to provide custom tunes. otherwise people have had good success with Martins Willall mailorder tune. A custom tune will give you just that little bit extra in most cases from what

I have been told.