SAU Community

How Long For Compliance? Possibly 3-6 Moths?!

Hey guys

i just saw my 350gt for the first time at the compliance shop locally in brisbane.... :rofl2: .

the compliance shop told me that...the inspection guys are backed up...and that it might take 3-6 months :D

i thought it was 2 weeks....that is what they told me when they didn't have my car.....

are they bsing...or that is true....

anyone have any insight to the current delay for inspection....

all your help is appreciated...

thanks

sounds like they are ussing it as a test car for the 1st inspection ask them that. if so you should be able to get big discount or even free compliance if you want to wait that long.

other wise it maybe the case they have used all their compliance plates and will wait for their quota to come back beofre they can plate it.

just ask them a few questions you will get he answers .

regards, Phil

i can't believe they wouldn't tell you if it was going to be an inspection car?? stranger things have happened i guess. If it is their test vehicle, i hope you're a patient person :D

and yes, don't accept anything but free compliance if it's a test vehicle. Especially if they haven't told you.

Hopefully it's just like Phil said, waiting on the next round of plates.

My car is also in the workshop awaiting compliance plate. i've been waiting 3 weeks now and still no sign of the inspection guys nor plates. wth is going on??? i've ran into the most bitter import experience yet. 3.5 weeks to get import approval. 1 week for quarantine. now 3 weeks and counting for plates.

*sigh* PM me the name of the workshop...

Just post who it is because more people are getting burnt from blatant lies and if the inexperienced guys wanting to import aren't informed they will more then likely believe the world is flat.

It isn't defamation if it isn't second hand, you are talking about your own experience and you have proof to back it up...... You are just telling a story.

Just post who it is because more people are getting burnt from blatant lies and if the inexperienced guys wanting to import aren't informed they will more then likely believe the world is flat.

It isn't defamation if it isn't second hand, you are talking about your own experience and you have proof to back it up...... You are just telling a story.

Understandable, But he might want to wait till he get's his car back just to be on the safe side.

My car is also in the workshop awaiting compliance plate. i've been waiting 3 weeks now and still no sign of the inspection guys nor plates. wth is going on??? i've ran into the most bitter import experience yet. 3.5 weeks to get import approval. 1 week for quarantine. now 3 weeks and counting for plates.

If that's the most bitter experience you've had, then you should be counting yourself very very lucky.

Anyway problem solved - it was just a misunderstanding between the OP and the workshop. Car should be done in a couple of weeks.

Rule of thumb has always been,

if you cant wait approximately 3mths from when your car is purchased and shipped then importing is not for you. Lots of things can prop up, from my recent experience the cargo ship was circling for days waiting to dock in QLD due to a cyclone, then compliance took 2 days but getting the paperwork processed took 3 weeks cos TransportSA had a whole team away sick!

If that's the most bitter experience you've had, then you should be counting yourself very very lucky.

Anyway problem solved - it was just a misunderstanding between the OP and the workshop. Car should be done in a couple of weeks.

if you cant wait approximately 3mths from when your car is purchased and shipped then importing is not for you. Lots of things can prop up, from my recent experience the cargo ship was circling for days waiting to dock in QLD due to a cyclone, then compliance took 2 days but getting the paperwork processed took 3 weeks cos TransportSA had a whole team away sick!

Completely understand what your saying. it's probably just that im frustrated and want to get my car because i put a deposit for my car september '09. broker finally found the car early march '10.

Sorry, what was that? I got to "thumb" then saw your sig and missed the rest of it...

Sorry, what was that? I got to "thumb" then saw your sig and missed the rest of it...

HAHA i get that alot,

but i wouldnt be using my thumb on those puppies thats for damn sure!

Im in SA and my car took upwards of two months just in compliance, making it approximately a 4-5 month process. Im not sure if I believe the compliance workshop about delays on the approval end of the process but they came recommended and seem legitimate enough with their delays. In the end, my car is all good which is the main thing, and I certainly knew it wasnt a quick process to begin with :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

hey everone

My nissan stagea has recently been imported by the previous owner. The seller agreed her would put it through the compliance test in Melbourne and when its ready i will catch a flight to Melbourne and drive it back to SA. He thought it would take around 2 weeks but when he checked to see if it had passed he was informed they hadnt even looked at it yet. can anyone please tell me what the avarage waiting time is for the compliance?

that's actually not too bad at all. 3.5 weeks for the VIA is a bit long but not unheard of and certainly not extreme. 1 week to get it off the docks is only just slightly above average. I usually quote a week to people for the customs clearance/quarantine process from when the ship docks to when the car leaves on a truck for the compliance shop. again 3 weeks for the plate is a little long but not insane. there is just one small business that makes the plates and it can take a little time.

i know it's tough when you're waiting for your car but try and relax. they are only small delays. :nyaanyaa: