SAU Community

Query Of Registration.

Ten Four

Hi guys, I recently sold my R32 GTR in Perth to a bloke in NSW. He says he can't get it registered because it doesn't have a compliance plate. Now it has been registered in Perth since 2005 and there is no compliance plate on the car as far as I can see (just jap one). I checked this with mates R32's and none of them in WA have compliance plates. Is this because of the Aus Del. R32 GTRs? I know all my other skylines (R33 GTS, R33 GTR) had compliance plates.

Any info would be great guys cause ATM its messy cause to keep it on the road, its registered as a WA car...

PS, I MISS MY FKN GTR :D 19psi = 430rwhp =/

Import rules are national not state based, and I'm pretty sure WA has not seceeded yet.

If it does not have a compliance plate it came in under:

1. personal import

2. 15yo import (before it was shut down)

3. race rally import.

if you do not know which scheme it came under, DOTARS who approve all imports will. Also WA's car rego department must know as well. 1 and 2 are eligible for full rego, 3 is not.

Well it doesn't have a personal import plate (cause my M3 does, UK import).

Assume 2 then? Cause obviously it was rego'd for 5 years (came in Jan 05).

So what could the buyer do in this case? Make car stock and attempt compliance in NSW?

Well it doesn't have a personal import plate (cause my M3 does, UK import).

I've never seen a "personal import plate" either, is that an official compliance plate in the engine bay?

my car doesn't have a compliance plate it just needed a blue slip due to it being a 89 model

That's the deal.....almost certainly the people who inspected it are not familiar with the rules. He needs to try elsewhere, maybe by phone first (I have a 15yo import with no compliance plate etc). or maybe start with nsw rta and get some paperwork he can show the blus slip guys

if it was imported AS a 15 year old import which is more than likely it will need an nsw engineers report and blue slip to regoed in nsw.

personal inport have a yellow complience plate similar to the green/ purple ones of today. Greg

where is he located? I know a place in Sydney who does engineering and Blue slip etc etc etc not a dodgy shop and he is knowledgeable and he will tell you what needs to be done

pm me if you need a hand

Aaahh sorry to bump again, but he said the bluslip guys want it engineered ($1500 minimum apparently?) and he'd have to revert to stock - exhaust, turbos etc.

Best way now?

last mth bought gtr from qld unreg 915 y old rule)and to get it regist in nsw u need folowing

prefered old rego papers

engeniring certif $700

blue slip $

i can help u get in touch with right ppl to get it registred in no time :laugh:

Aaahh sorry to bump again, but he said the bluslip guys want it engineered ($1500 minimum apparently?) and he'd have to revert to stock - exhaust, turbos etc.

Best way now?

and no u dont have to revert to stock :laugh: