SAU Community

Stupid Question

kyld

Ok guys I know this is probably a stupid question, but forgive me for my ignorance. Does the r32 gtst have a hole in the left inner guard, underneath the battery? I'm pretty sure that it was made for the fmic. Qld transport giving me a hard time saying that "I need to restore it to original manufacturer standards". Which makes no sense to me.

Any thought thoughts? previous experience with this

I would start by moving your battery to the right hand side like everyone elses.

And no there is not supposed to be a hole there.....and no the guy at QLD transport doesn't know what the f**k he is talking about because it has nothing to do with structural strength and does not effect the roadworthiness of the vehicle. Tell him to re-educate himself

Sorry I meant right hand side...lol If you stand in front of the car it becomes the left side....hahaha

That's what I thought Dan

back in the day i thought all aftermarket fmic setups where illegal.

now im seeing alot of mechanics pass rwc in vic legit , providing its not structural or important part of vehicle from safety aspect

heading to brisbane in 1 week ... any1 have pointers ? dodgey rwc :P hook me up!

do i only need rwc ? or present the vehicle also?

r32gtr huge exhaust =/

Sorry I meant right hand side...lol If you stand in front of the car it becomes the left side....hahaha

That's what I thought Dan

My sister had to see Qld Transport to get a number of "defects" approved after an officer pulled her over in her R32Gtst. The front mount intercooler pipe came into the engine bay in the same spot as the GTR. As an engineer I simply prepared a letter for her essentially stating what has already been said. It will have neglible structural impact on the car. The fact that the GTRs have a hole in this location and on the passenger side there are more penetrations for the intercooler piping says it all really.

When I had my RB30DET mod plate prepared, the approving facility included the front mount intercooler installation as part of the description for the modifications.

Edited by BH_SLO32

It isn't part of a load bearing structure so there is no issue with there being a hole there. Take it back and tell them politely.

they will say it has to be engineered (mod plated)

o.p. take your car to an engineer and get the hole mod plated

they will say it has to be engineered (mod plated)

o.p. take your car to an engineer and get the hole mod plated

there is no code for a hole in a non-structural area. The only thing you can do is put it under 'Chassis Mod' but it's not the correct code for it.

And yes, before you ask...I have the code of practice here

Can anyone recommend an engineer, around GC or brissy that's not going to charge me a arm and a leg for their signature.

I need the hole certified once I get it reinforced.

Can anyone recommend an engineer, around GC or brissy that's not going to charge me a arm and a leg for their signature.

I need the hole certified once I get it reinforced.

Andrew - 0402293256 and tell him Daniel from Elite Racing sent you as he normally doesn't deal with public