Nolathane Front uppers, rest about to be changed over to nolathane or the like

Rear Upper Adj. Camber arms(JJ), c/o Danielsan-Elite

Subframe pineapples,

*Suspension fitted by Gold Coast CV & Suspension. Major thanks to Chris

Electrical:

Turbo Timer HKS

Autometer Boost Guage

Gizzmo Dual Stage Shift light DS2

Alpine Headunit, Response 4" 70wRMS F, Kit 97R 6" split 120wRMS R, US Audio 500w Amp, 2 Farad Cap 10" Sub 200W

Wheels: Koya Driftek (Gold) F 17x8, R 17x9

Tyres: 235/45R17 (F), 235/45R17 ® Federal RS-R

Brakes: (F) R33 Slotted Rotors, R33 Calipers, Hawk HP-R Carbon Pads

® R33 Dimpled Rotors, R33 Calipers, Hak HP-R Carbon Pads

CURRENT OUTPUT:

222.9rwhp @ 10lb boost

TRACK LAP TIMES:

QR-- Clubman- 1:04.7

Sprint- 1:01.4

Willowbank- 14.484@96mph, 0.840 Reaction Time (engine output 205rwhp-RB20DET,Neo untested as of yet )

14.299 &106mph, 0.890 RT (276rwhp- RB20DET, Neo untested as of yet)

post-42052-1278126631_thumb.jpg

Sweet, another tidy little GTSt...they are a capable car. I am taking it that your 1/4 time is before turbo upgrade? Any plans for the future , other then punting th ething until the wheels fall off?

Nice work Tod . If you ever want any advise or help shoot me a pm mate as you know i used to have a pretty quick RB20 powered R31 many moons ago (featured in HPI issue 75 if you happen to have an old copy lying around). Should be a fun little package not so sure about the wolf though.

Sweet, another tidy little GTSt...they are a capable car. I am taking it that your 1/4 time is before turbo upgrade? Any plans for the future , other then punting th ething until the wheels fall off?

Yeah Roy, it was with 205rwhp, pre-injectors, stock turbo & a Dr Drift Remap, am hoping to do a little better next time mate.

Next up will be a NPC heavy duty clutch with lightened flywheel, Wolf V4 ECU, Water Methanol Injection-to help keep eng. temps down.

Have got a Velo Seat, and will probably need to put a half cage in too(get mod plate for 2 seater). Have got plans for a front facing Plenum to try to shorten pipe lengths under bonnet & give a bit better response.

She is a work in progress alright :bunny:

Nice work Tod . If you ever want any advise or help shoot me a pm mate as you know i used to have a pretty quick RB20 powered R31 many moons ago (featured in HPI issue 75 if you happen to have an old copy lying around). Should be a fun little package not so sure about the wolf though.

Thanks Daz, I have been using your template that you were kind enuff to list out for me. It really helps when you have people in the know who have built these great little engines up in to monster status giving you a hand-big Kudos to you brother :bunny: It was also from the chats I had with Rusty-he still raves about your monster R31.

Sorta inspired me to greatness it did :D

interested to know if your times at QR were pre-turbo upgrade.

good little cars these rb20s are, i cant seem to get rid of mine

Those times were with the stock turbo & 205rwhp, next Time Attack Nissan Day is on the 28th September & I will be interested to see how they change too

• 1 month later...

We have just finished the next suspension setting.

Now running 2deg camber F, 1.5deg R.

Car has a fair bit of squat too, suspension heights are 350mmctr to guard F & 340mm ctr wheel R.

Super pro bushing have replaced all rubber at the back end & the difference is amazing. The car sits a lot flatter through corners & is way more predictable at the limit of grip.

JJ rear upper camber arms have been replaced with Whiteline items that get rid of the Rose Joints & super-pro bushes installed into them also.

Track times with old setup-initial tune 150rwkw was 1.06.4 on sprints & 1.08.7 on clubman QR, car was running a fair bit of rake 330mm F 340mmR heights & vehicle was very tail happy. Quite difficult to keep in a straight line & would drift through corners at racepace which got rather exciting at times.

All was with standard brakes too with stocko pads.

With the new rotors/Hawk carbon pads & Motul 600 fluid I can now do 8laps flatout with no brake fade.

There is an incredible amount of rear end traction now-cant wait to see the differences as I estimate I have picked up 10-20kph extra cornering speed.

New clutch has`arrived at ERD(Elite Racing Developments-Club Sponsor) & we are just waiting on the lightened flywheel now-goes in Wednesday for fitting-hello revs lol

Once thats in the ECU-WOLFv4 3D will be added & tuned by EFI Performance(Seano) also Club Sponsors

I am chasing 330-350rwhp & thats where it will be sealed up at.

Only other Mods in the mix are a Nismo adj. LSD (1.5-2way)from Link-1 of our club sponsors-to be supplied through Elite Racing Developments & a forged RB20 when I blow mine if it ever happens

Nice work Tod these mods should transform the car mate. Are you going to the next time attack day on the 23rd. I am planning on getting my car out there for a shake down and if all goes well will throw on a fresh set of tyres and see how i go. Will probably take a few laps to get my head around it as it has been 12 months since i have been to the track and have only done a few laps in the car so will be taking pretty easy and easing myself into it. Hopefully i might see you out there mate.

Nice work Tod these mods should transform the car mate. Are you going to the next time attack day on the 23rd. I am planning on getting my car out there for a shake down and if all goes well will throw on a fresh set of tyres and see how i go. Will probably take a few laps to get my head around it as it has been 12 months since i have been to the track and have only done a few laps in the car so will be taking pretty easy and easing myself into it. Hopefully i might see you out there mate.

Yes I am Daz, been a while since I have been on the black stuff myself & have a real hankering. I have booked the day off work & cant wait. Looking forward to seeing yah there my friend. :cool:

Woohoo, bout time you got some track time Daz.

Lookin good toddls. you have been a busy little refugee. :)

Oh you know it Noel, got the bug bad now-plus I have a couple of really quick 33's to chase down-1 with a 3L bottom end in too now :blush:

Oh you know it Noel, got the bug bad now-plus I have a couple of really quick 33's to chase down-1 with a 3L bottom end in too now :)

You wont see it for a month or so now Daz, Its been secreted in to the bowels of the workshop for the next round of madness. We.ve been dicking around with the mechanical side of things for some time now. If all goes according to plan this will be the last of the engine upgrades other than maintainence.

From there we move on to suspension, rubber, and aero. Superlap 011 here we come. :blink:

Toddls I was speaking to Sean yesterday and it would appear you pair have a secret squirrel pact on how to make the 20 a true whale killer. BRING IT BISH :D

You wont see it for a month or so now Daz, Its been secreted in to the bowels of the workshop for the next round of madness. We.ve been dicking around with the mechanical side of things for some time now. If all goes according to plan this will be the last of the engine upgrades other than maintainence.

From there we move on to suspension, rubber, and aero. Superlap 011 here we come. :D

Toddls I was speaking to Sean yesterday and it would appear you pair have a secret squirrel pact on how to make the 20 a true whale killer. BRING IT BISH :)

Whats this? Are the mighty quaking? How could you possibly be scared by a lil RB20 eh ol fart :P ?

I dont know a Seano :blink:

Clutch/Flywheel is in-holy sh*t its got some bite. Car travels alot easier. Can stay in same gear for longer up hills & it revs like hell. 2nd gear lights up & power band in 3rd spins the wheels.

This is now a scary car. So I am off to QR on the 23rd August for some Driver Training with Dougie at the next Time Attack day with Paul & the Lads/Ladies to re-learn how to drive it properly.

I chose QR due to its more forgiving nature & plenty of run off. The main goal is to learn to control it without wrecking it before knowing how to control it properly.

This is only going to get scarier too- Wolf V4 gets installed in a few weeks with a final rear wheel figure of 330-350hp.

Am keen to break into the 13sec mark at Willowbank & get closer to the 1min mark at QR & finally Lakeside.

Will keep you all posted

NIce car. Similar mods to mine.

Good luck with the 13 seconds

Thanks mate,

QR today was interesting-bloody slippery with all the rain out there, training with Doug was gold, have some new lines to try out-he predicts some good times in the dry are on the cards-cant wait for NIssan Day now-c'mon 28 Sept

• 2 weeks later...
Nice car, should get low 13's easy with 200kw. Do you find the car oversteering with the 26mm rear sway?

We have set the car up with Squat in the rear cradle,heights are; 350mm ctr to guard F, 340mm ctr guard R-(Bilstein Circlips). The car feels pretty neutral now-rear sway is softest setting, front is Middle setting, I get a bit of understeer now in corners but when it does slide I have the traction to drive out of a slide at full pedal rather than feathering the gas to control the slide to straighten the car.

We have experimented on differing heights- differing spring rates & have ironically settled on Sydneykids Track setting for an R32-man that guy knows his stuff :D

The car is fastest with how it is set-up now, Track lessons with Dougie- even he remarked at how well set-up it was & liked the balance of the car. After the first 3 laps he let go of the wheel & just pointed to where he wanted me to go, It-the track was soaked, puddles everywhere & especially on the racing line & I was literally sh*tting myself at times we were going so quick.

When the car slid I caught it very easily, once when we went fully sideways due to hitting a puddle-it was so easy to pull back it surprised him.

It performed exceptionally well at the skidpan. Its cornering speed was alot higher than the other cars there & changed direction easily maintaining good angle/speed & the ability to maintain 2nd gear-never able to do that before-always had to grab 1st on tighter cnrs in the more technical tracks we set up.

Overall I am happy & wont be changing anything in the handling dept.

I chose larger type swaybars to keep the body roll controllable, maybe a lil large for the street but once I got used to them I prefer a race orientated swaybar than a streeter for the street anyhow. To each their own tho.

7 other people drove this car at skids & all luved it-actually being able to control it after 2-3 laps-its a great car club we are in-we key swapped all day-I got to drive GTR's, R33's, an RB25 R32 & they were no issue for me either-my little R32 has trained me well- I even taught our 3 ladies how to control skids in their cars too- I'm finally getting there :)