SAU Community

Oem Reflector Xenon? (hid)

just wondering about the r34 oem hid reflectors, I had a look at the oem hids and noticed that there is no projector, from what I use to hear about hid's is that without a projector you get bad spread and light just goes everywhere, but on the r34 all it seems to have is a small cap over the xenon bulb that redirects the light in the correct pattern but (but doesn't have a super clear cut off as projectors do). Was just wondering if this could be an alternative to retrofit some projectors into my r32 gtr which I was planning on doing, an instead just use this small cap thing over a hid kit? Anyone seen these for sale anywhere or know anything about them?

It's not just the whether it is a projector or a reflector. In essence there are four types of light housings for what you are discussing:

Halogen reflector

Halogen projector

HID reflector

HID projector

You will always get a non perfect spread of light fitting a HID bulb in a housing made for a halogen bulb. The halogen projectors just aren't as bad as the halogen reflectors.

The cap you are reffering to is nothing specific to a HID bulb, most halogen bulbs have this cap on them. If you look at series II R33 headlights they are the same.

Edited by PM-R33