SAU Community

Handbrake Cable Question

Hey guys,

Looking at converting my Cefiro to manual handbrake (handbrake setup initially, then will do manual gearbox another weekend).

Which parts of R32 handbrake cable do I need/

Do I need:

Just the single cable from the handbrake lever, up to where it joins the other 2 cables

or

As above, PLUS the two individual cables that run accross to the hubs ?

Have searched, no avail.

I'll be taking pictures during the swap, and hopefully can make a writeup for this section, to go in stickies.

also need r32 h/b mount.... the thing that is spot welded onto the r32 trans tunnel, bolt or weld it in on the ceffy. my bolt in job passed rwc

Yep. Look up some Cefiro interior pics, the manual Ceffies just use a handbrake lever in the centre console, which is shorter, the auto ones use a pedal (where the clutch pedal would go) and a release lever on the centre console (which is taller & longer in the auto's).

Got a manual centre console in a different trim, I'll do what I did with my main project, rip off the trim and apply the new trim over it. Because the auto console lid is longer/narrower, you can just take that stuff off, and tuk it in a little on the manual console without even cutting it.

I'll post pics of that too when I get around to it.

At the moment the Ceffy is sitting halfway across the driveway on a funky angle, with no crank angle sensor working :)