SAU Community

Just Bought An R35 Gtr

g35me

I bit the bullet today and put down my deposit on an R35. I am hoping to pick it up by the end of the week. I bought it second hand as they are starting to hit a more realistic value. The first mod will be a matte black vinyl wrap (The car is black). Is anyone in contact with the guy in Victoria that has the matte black vynil wrap done already, he was at the Nissan track day at Philip Island?

no but when you find it can you please tell us who is doing it. i have a car in the works that I don't want to have too paint.

nice car murdered out will look evil.

black rims and tinted lights.

the only decent wraps I saw were chameleon. but their from the uk. asked the guy for colours and that was the last i heard of him.

need to get this widebody thing on the road as a daily.

Edited by rotarytt

Any decent auto signwriter should be able to do a wrap for you - we had one done for a targa car and they did a pretty good job. Matte black would be really easy as they don't need to print anything up.

Wasn't cheap though at around $5k, but they were only given the car for about 36 hours before it was on the boat to tas - I think they said normally it shouldnt be more than $2k.

we had one done for a targa car

beats the price of a paintjob. even when giving them time constraints.

I'm curious as to how it coped with rocks being flung at it at speeds.

I guess you weren't that concerned with keeping it clean.

but dust. and cleaning?

The mob from Melbourne is call Exotic Kustoms. Check out there website http://www.exotickustoms.com.au/ and you can see an R35 in the matt black wrap. (its the same one that was at philip Island).

Thanks for the link. Yes, they are the guys that did the one at Phillip Island. I gave them a call and they can do it for approx $4000inc GST. So here comes another murdered GTR :ninja:

I bit the bullet today and put down my deposit on an R35. I am hoping to pick it up by the end of the week. I bought it second hand as they are starting to hit a more realistic value. The first mod will be a matte black vinyl wrap (The car is black). Is anyone in contact with the guy in Victoria that has the matte black vynil wrap done already, he was at the Nissan track day at Philip Island?

where did you get your r35 from was it from a car yard or a private seller

Congratulations now whats your address and work hours? :)

On a more serious not congrats let us know how it goes and if in your opinion its all its cracked up to be. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Congratulations now whats your address and work hours? :)

On a more serious not congrats let us know how it goes and if in your opinion its all its cracked up to be. :D

Holly crap, what a car. I am amazed at the absolute mind warping acceleration of this car. You could drive it around town all day thinking you were in some luxo European car then flick that left switch to Race and flip the trans to manual and unleash the beast. Flicking those paddles with instant gear changes is a staggering experience. This car is worth every penny and in my opinion everything that it is cracked up to be.

I dont find the suspension hard at all it way less stiff in normal mode that my old 350Z and all these gearbox noises and clunking that you hear people talking about, well I must have a quiet one as I couldnt hear all that much. Just a few noises here and there but hell I can live with that in a heart beat.

I love it.

Holly crap, what a car. I am amazed at the absolute mind warping acceleration of this car. You could drive it around town all day thinking you were in some luxo European car then flick that left switch to Race and flip the trans to manual and unleash the beast. Flicking those paddles with instant gear changes is a staggering experience. This car is worth every penny and in my opinion everything that it is cracked up to be.

I dont find the suspension hard at all it way less stiff in normal mode that my old 350Z and all these gearbox noises and clunking that you hear people talking about, well I must have a quiet one as I couldnt hear all that much. Just a few noises here and there but hell I can live with that in a heart beat.

I love it.

Lucky Bugger! :bunny: