SAU Community

Windscreen Wipers Help Me Please!

r33rckt

hey ppl having some issues withe my wipers they randomly stop in the wring spot when i turn them off

somtimes at the top somtimes in the middle of the windscreen some times in the right spot.... anywhere they want to.

they just dont wanna return to the right spot at the bottom

well somtimes they do but not all the time

this is an r33 series 1 gtst.

does anyone have any ideas on what would cause this and how i can fix it...

cheers matt

wipers usually need a continuous power supply to let motor continue when switch is turned off and get it back to rest. if wipers stop soon as you turn off the switch then this is likely at fault

wipers usually need a continuous power supply to let motor continue when switch is turned off and get it back to rest. if wipers stop soon as you turn off the switch then this is likely at fault

cheers but this is not the issue i should have been a bit clearer

this is when i turn the wipers off and the car is still running

believe it to be the wiper controll box

that is at fault.

this is the little brown box in the top right hand corner of the engine bay abut the sice of a gargae remote control

cheers Matt

yeah mate what i meant was if you turn the switch off half way through its cycle and it doesnt continue to the bottom. but if i understand you now you mean when the switch is left on and the motor doesnt finish its cycle? could be the brown box.lots bigger than my garage remote haha. just need to borrow someones now. goodluck

Have the same problem, i just use my incredible quick reflexes to turn the wipers off when they hit the bottom of the windscreen! haha

It is a bit of a pain though!