SAU Community

Info Wanted

32gtrsteve

hey guys. I have just got my self a track car and turning it into a drift bus. I was just wondering whats the do and dont's to do to the car ?? As in what can't i do to the car. And do i have to join some kind of club or something ?

Thanks

hey mate, you will need to be a member of a cams affiliated car club, e.g light car club, hobart sporting car club, and hold a cams license (both of which you can pay up and join on the drift days)

As for car/ driver prep, the basic safety requirements are:

helmet with appropriate AS safety rating

full length clothing

seat belts in good condition and having a AS rating or FIA rating

seat mounted properly

generally good car condition (no oil leaks, everything bolted in correctly especially batteries)

fire extinguisher is not a requirement these days but generally considered to be something to have, as long as its bolted in and using a metal bracket

there is no set limits on engine type in cars so you can inter breed between car makes

Jump onto the Hobart sporting car club website r Drifting Tasmania website both have generall requirement listings

edit: just lookign is that Sams old 32 you have??

any other questions sing out

Edited by NICKCEFFY

hey mate, you will need to be a member of a cams affiliated car club, e.g light car club, hobart sporting car club, and hold a cams license (both of which you can pay up and join on the drift days)

As for car/ driver prep, the basic safety requirements are:

helmet with appropriate AS safety rating

full length clothing

seat belts in good condition and having a AS rating or FIA rating

seat mounted properly

generally good car condition (no oil leaks, everything bolted in correctly especially batteries)

fire extinguisher is not a requirement these days but generally considered to be something to have, as long as its bolted in and using a metal bracket

there is no set limits on engine type in cars so you can inter breed between car makes

hey mate thats sweet as not to much to do. and yeah it is his old car. he used to drift it sweet so it cant be to bad of choice of car to have a go in and he was still running it with all electic's in it hahaha

thanks for the info man

Jump onto the Hobart sporting car club website r Drifting Tasmania website both have generall requirement listings

edit: just lookign is that Sams old 32 you have??

any other questions sing out

hey mate. thats sweet as not to much to do. and yeah it is his old car. he used to drift it sweet so it cant be to bad of choice of car to have a go in and he was still running it with all electic's in it hahaha

thanks for the info man