SAU Community

Im240 Has Finally Been Stopped.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought there were two places, Kostecki's and Orbital...maybe not.

The idea of places that magically pass seemingly non compliant vehicles happens in the import community too...I'm sure.

Anywho I'm glad it's over...foolishness averted.

I spent a few dollars passing some paperwork ready for the IM240, $20.47 IIRC, I will definitely be writing to the transport authority requesting reimbursement. I doubt I'll succeed but ehh... I just wanna get up in their grill for being dickheads about the whole thing.

Its funny the dealings I had with KEC were nice and friendly, right up until I mentioned the car in question, then all I got was negativity and cvnts laughing at me. The jokes on them considering the outlay they must've spent for the equipment ($400,000+), that is now useless, not to mention the profit they won't be getting now hahahah

moooowaahahah!

Orbital weren't open to the public AFAIK.

This.

First I heard of the IM240 was when they rejected my first permit application (late 2007), called Kostecki about it & they said they were setting up for it but were still a few months away. Orbital was the only place set up for it, but weren't open to the public, just fleet cars & things like that. Probably nothing has changed since then

hope the poor chaps who had to do it get their hard earned $ back.

priks at pits wanted me to do one, i just kept going to different pits till found awesome bloke who passed me

Char - which pits eventually passed your car? I have been wondering this myself if i can go to another pits after getting the report from one already which specifies having an IM240 done, didn't know if this was logged into some kind of system that will match the engine/chassis number..

Char - which pits eventually passed your car? I have been wondering this myself if i can go to another pits after getting the report from one already which specifies having an IM240 done, didn't know if this was logged into some kind of system that will match the engine/chassis number..

read this link as you only need 5 gas now

http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/...ht_Vehicles.pdf

Still have 5 Gas to pass but it is harder for the cammed V8's compared to the turbo cars.

LINK TO IM240 UPDATE.

The Government, through DoT, will continue to work with the motor trades industry to review the emission testing policy and ensure an outcome that is in the best interest of all stakeholders.

What the update link says is will continue to work with motor trades to review the emission policy, that does not mean its dead yet!

I heard MTA might support the IM 240 as long as the government run it.

I also heard cammed V8s are getting caned by the 5 gas as Drift says, and more cammed cars failed at idle cos of the 5 gas. than they would be under a drive cycle test.

Ring the DPI dont count our blessing yet.

so lame, makes me want to kill cute small fury animals , if i have to get a stock stagea exhaust i dont know what im going to do!!!!

This is the reason I kept all the stock parts that I have replaced with aftermarket ones in the garage just in case if I need them later on...

Although my parents are telling me to get rid of them as I'm turning the garge into a rubbish dump :whistling:

my list needed "all mods to have permits" i failed the pits 3 times.

the bloke kept telling me i needed im240 test to get permit for my exhaust it didnt actually say on the list 'im240 test'

i didnt get permits for anything haha..

id just reccomend not going to welshpool..ever!

Edited by Char

All inspections are stored on an electronic database, they know every inspection/ work order you have had. Thats why they started the TRELIS computer system up.

my list needed "all mods to have permits" i failed the pits 3 times.

the bloke kept telling me i needed im240 test to get permit for my exhaust it didnt actually say on the list 'im240 test'

i didnt get permits for anything haha..

id just reccomend not going to welshpool..ever!

+1 for not going to Welshpool. Midland is awesome.

Been to Welshpool 15+ times

Always passed 2nd attempt never been asked to do emmisions thou