SAU Community

Sau:nsw Wakefield Groups & Info Thread

S13Deviat

Rules and expectations I will clearly discuss during drivers briefing so don't stress kiddies :D

Sean - 5,4,3,2,1 then 5,4,3,2,1, then 5,4,3,2,1 and then 5,4,3,2,1 aannndd then 5,4,3,2,1 plus some more <-- in that order :)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awsome, all us noobs get out first.......Ando your only setting it up that way so you veterans have something to laugh at!

And thanks also for getting this day up and running

just wondering, if we are taking tools/wheels etc. with us, can we drop it at out garage before Scruitineering or do we just go through with all our stuff in the back and explain it wont be in the vechicle whilst driving around the track ?

Just a thought.. But should it be going..

5 - 4 - 2 - 1 - 3

OR

4 - 5 - 2 - 1 - 3

Only reasoning is that the n00b groups might get a better chance to watch the faster group? That way, not only can they get a more experenced driver in with them, but they can also watch the racing lines..?

Just a thought? Might be a crap one.. but it is a driver trainer day right..?

just wondering, if we are taking tools/wheels etc. with us, can we drop it at out garage before Scruitineering or do we just go through with all our stuff in the back and explain it wont be in the vechicle whilst driving around the track ?

Im not sure about others, but I think the best way is to get to the track early, setup your shed and car, THEN go to scrutineering.

Thats what ill be doing.. Setting up the garage, getting the car off the trailer, then taking it over to scrutineering..

You must unload every single loose item and have the car track ready when you present at scruit. That includes if you want to run semi slicks or slicks, they should be bolted on.

As to the person asking about turning upto scruit at 7:30. Feel free to start the line. The Scruitineers will be there at 8am.

I advise being prepared for scruitineering at 8am. Ie don't arrive at the track at 8am, arrive at scruit at 8am once you've unpacked...

Im not sure about others, but I think the best way is to get to the track early, setup your shed and car, THEN go to scrutineering.

Thats what ill be doing.. Setting up the garage, getting the car off the trailer, then taking it over to scrutineering..

+1

and getting there early means you get dibs on a garage =P

Hello,

Finally registered my own account (was previously using my friends account, akajonz).

I'm really looking forward to this! and have been edging to go for weeks now.

I'll be driving a honda, so please be gentle on the straights. 120kw ftl :)

play around with turismo on the track, you should be similar if not his a little faster on the straights

I've only got 100fwkw, so we should have some fun in group 1 :whistling: DC5 should be faster than me on the straights, so you wont be the only "slow" car in the top group

Dah, I wanted to go head to head with Reece. If my times come down I'll see if I can move to group 1 on the day.

Will see what we can do, but I won't be in the 32 so you will have triple my power

this one time, at band camp, he beat us all with a starlet.

If you don't have me in grumble bee, I will be very dissapointed in you :whistling:

Dude i'm happy to swap with you if you've got a bit of a rivalry going?

Nothing real :-) but if I get to the point that I'm lapping everyone I'd love a go in the faster group. We will see on the day and as the organisors say they will move people if they see a need to redo the groups.

I'll be instructing anyway for the first couple sessions.

Just a thought.. But should it be going..

5 - 4 - 2 - 1 - 3

OR

4 - 5 - 2 - 1 - 3

Only reasoning is that the n00b groups might get a better chance to watch the faster group? That way, not only can they get a more experenced driver in with them, but they can also watch the racing lines..?

Just a thought? Might be a crap one.. but it is a driver trainer day right..?

Now thats just getting too logical Alex :D I think that would just lead to confusion champ, the simpler things are, the easier it is for all parties, the smoother it will run.

Nothing real :-) but if I get to the point that I'm lapping everyone I'd love a go in the faster group. We will see on the day and as the organisors say they will move people if they see a need to redo the groups.

I'll be instructing anyway for the first couple sessions.

Thanks for helping out with instructing!

I may have missed something, but you're in group 2, and in accordance with your time so not sure why you feel 'out of place'. I can certainly review on the day if you truley are 'lapping' the rest of your group.

Cheers!

wow all this talk of being fast etcand having no power and heaps of power! ARGH!

who cares!!! just get out there and have fun!!

if you want to compare your lap times do a supersprint and see how you go

this is a fun day :D

Hey,

Just wondering if spectators were welcome and if so is there an entry fee?

i have a few friends that are wanting to come along and have a look but thought i should ask before we made the trip.

Thanks Blake