SAU Community

What size injectors have i got?

Steg33

G'day guys. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what sized injectors i've got on my 95' R33. I've had the car for a few months and am still finding new things under the bonnet.

The injectors are Denso, part number 1995500-2240 and have a pink head on them. Any idea how many cc's are these??

I've also got a mate that wants to know what colour stock R33 injectors are (his are purple) and even a part number if possible?

Any help's appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply boli, i ended up finding that site just after i posted this.

I'm guessing the ND stands for Nippon Denso and they must be the same make as the sard ones.

The only thing is, i've got an RB25DET and they're stated for the SR20DET. I'm assuming my fuel rail takes the same injectors as the SR20DET?

Has anyone else heard of these Denso 550cc injectors or can confirm that they are 550cc? I've got my motor going in for a rebuild and was hoping i wouldn't have to upgrade when i put a bigger turbo on (GT2835 or GT3040).

Nismoid and Ben, i've still got the factory ECU but it's been reburnt so the fuel settings shouldn't be too bad. Can't usually run bigger injectors without some sort of remapping. Current is reduced so they don't pulse so hard. My car does run a little rich but not to the extent that oversized injectors on a stock ECU would be. The car was from Japan with a heap of mods. The motor's just s**t itself because there must have been a huge turbo on it before they sold it (was a smaller than stock turbo when i got it, R31 i think). Going in for the rebuild at the moment.

When upgrading my injectors I did a little research into the JDM/OZ spec S15 injector issue. Unley Nissan here in Adelaide (known to be 'import friendly' dealers) couldn't give me an answer as to whether the JDM & OZ S15 injectors were the same (I'm sure someone on SAU knows) APS in Melbourne would know as they highflow the stock OZ S15 injectors as part of their JR (?) kits. 6 new S15 injectors from Nissan Aust are more than 1k!

Boli,

As Steve said, excellent link mate!

Steg33,

If you look at the site Boli posted you can see in the 3rd & 4th columns in from the right it gives you cc rating at higher fuel pressures, i.e take the top injector (stock RB25DET/SR20DET) at 3.55kgcm2 of fuel pressure the 370cc injector will flow 440cc. This is how stock RB25DET injectors can support quite large gains in hp. Pushing injectors beyond their rated capacity (via a reg) is not wise unless the fuel pump is able to cope with the increase load placed on it.

EDIT: It's also interesting they list what appears to be the minimum duty cycle (milliseconds 0.69 etc...) achieveable depending on the fuel pressure used.