Winton - Sat 24 July 2010

Belsil80

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same! Can't wait to get out of here. Ok this time I'm gonna actually introduce myself and meet some of you guys! So if a weird 6' tall slightly balding guy possibly wearing a beannie (weather dependant) comes up to you it's me! Hahaha

I'll be up there tonight with Anthony and Mat staying at the executive hideaway apartments.

Looks like it might be a quiet day. Not a big entry list.

Yeah I'll be up there tonight too staying at the comfort inn. Should get a fair bit

more track time with the lower number plus should definitly get a passenger session!

hehehe, been getting sms updates. GTSt RB20DET POWAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keeping some of the serious built cars honest and kind of handing out a hammering to the rest of us rwd boys :( Well done Russ!

hehehe, been getting sms updates. GTSt RB20DET POWAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keeping some of the serious built cars honest and kind of handing out a hammering to the rest of us rwd boys :( Well done Russ!

New time to beat is 1:35.18

So happy! Thanks to Ant who made the last session the best one, both pushing hard and both posting up PB's!

Good to hang with Chewy, Ant, Dimi, Sledgy, John R and even Brendan briefly.

Awesome day even though the SAU numbers were pretty low.

Clayton punched out a low 1min 30 too. Crazyness.

Winton is a track where i will give you a 1 second head start because of your power delivery. I hope that means i get a 1 second head start at places like Sandown and PI where you push past 200km/h and the extra power makes up for the extra lag :(

I love how somebody is finally able to get out there and prove what i couldn't. Basic turbo upgrade, new decent shocks and tyres and away you go, a lil GTSt can keep pace with the GTRs :mad::P :P

Yep more to come when I post up my in-car footage but well done to all the PB's :thumbsup:

My new PB 1:35.33....don't know if the lap time list hasn't been updated for a while but that puts me just in front of Scotsman :D Big well done to Russ for posting an awesome time. Depending on size I will try and post up that whole session - made for some interesting watching, namely the fact that my semis gave up after posting two 1.35 laps and I ended up drifting the circuit plus the fact that Russ's car and mine are very close in outright pace. Looking at the last corner onto the front straight, given an equal exit speed both Russ and I are matching one another down the straight...he doesn't pull away and I don't gain. Interesting considering the power/weight differences.

Given enough bribes I *might* even post up my big off 1/2 way through the day - made sense when I watched the footage as I ran over the inside ripple strip on the sweeper while in 4th and basically after that I was a passenger....oh the mud or should I say clay!!!

Anyway I have GP quali to watch so I'll try post up footage 2morrow.

Makes sense, i followed Ferni at Sadownn and PI and on the straights we were very similar in speed, with Ferni having a bit more grunt then you and me a bit ore grunt then Russ.

Yes, show footage. Feel my nipples, I am excited, 2 weeks and I will be back thrashing ol Silver :thumbsup:

Winton is a track where i will give you a 1 second head start because of your power delivery. I hope that means i get a 1 second head start at places like Sandown and PI where you push past 200km/h and the extra power makes up for the extra lag :thumbsup:

I think you are right. Winton does suit my setup cos it's very stop start through the cleavage..

Given enough bribes I *might* even post up my big off 1/2 way through the day - made sense when I watched the footage as I ran over the inside ripple strip on the sweeper while in 4th and basically after that I was a passenger....oh the mud or should I say clay!!!

Do it!!! That mud was so thick!

Yes, show footage. Feel my nipples, I am excited, 2 weeks and I will be back thrashing ol Silver :D

haha. You're hilarious! I'll have some footage too.

Well done to Russman and Ant - looked like a fast day overall, some quick times posted. Proves to me that Winton is not about power, it's about GRIP...GRIP...GRIP - or if you can drift like Newton-san it also helps.

seriously quick times from both Russ and Ant, well done. Ant you have to post up your jimms mowing moment.

You wernt the only one, the chasers 32 knocked the front bar off and went for a swim.

I spent the day fighting vibrating understeer and trying to find an

exhaust leak. which i think must be the mani to turbo gasket. Front right tyre has been destroyed by the last couple of

PI's that ive done :thumbsup:

The day ran so fast, it was relentless. only 4 groups for the day.

Yeh i emailed last night.. still no reply. Also PM'd the WRX forum organiser and no reply.. :ninja:

Sorry about that (i am actually the web master for WRX and do the motorsport entry system etc )

But I was at sandown all friday and then drove straight to Benalla (via Shepparton grrrrr) so i couldn't do anything about it (didnt get near a computer for 2 days :D 0.

My entry system actually closes automatically at 12 noon on the thursday and we do the groupings etc that night.

Doing manual entries after that is very hard as the data has already been sent to the timing system and all the forms printed.

(adjusting the timing system on the day takes a level of expertise and time by the operator on the day.. when they are very busy setting up and testing).

Wasnt it an awesome day .. i must say hello to some of you if I wasnt so busy .. I am the tall old skinny man doing starter.

http://wrx.com.au/ms/WintonallindividualR510.HTML

It seems that getting entries in on time (or early) might also get more important. It might have got to the time when we have to restrict numbers more on the days so we dont have more problems with too many groups on the day (like Sandown and PI).

Anyway Haunted hills entries will be open as soon as we get OK from AASA.

Edited by Subarau

^^ good time.

I saw your car in the pits and meant to say hi, didnt get around to it. next time.

ya the standard rotor size shit me too, once they warm up, youre stuffed.

i went the uas spacers http://nismo.com.au/pricelists/pricelist_skylinebrakes.htm (do not get the dba4000's)

but looking back, i would have gone ksport/d2/g4 http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...=433&page=2

Ok some of my in car is up on youtube.

First up is my fastest lap in the last session of the day....

Next I have uploaded the whole last session when Russ and I were pushing each other to get PB's. Managed to get two 1:35 laps in before the rears packed up and went home - as Russ can attest to the middle of the rears were bald. The 'unintentional' drifing starts around the 4:50mark....

Finally, the off....quite clear what happened, was in 4th at around 170km/h (indicated by the speedo) hit the ripple strip on the inside which upset the grip and sent me understeering off the track. Naturally being in 4th I didn't have the responsive boost to pull me out of it and I was just a passenger. Russ was the car that went past after the white Emo soon after I *eventually* came to a stop....

Enjoy :(