SAU Community

Winton - Sat 24 July 2010

Belsil80

Ok some of my in car is up on youtube.

First up is my fastest lap in the last session of the day....

Next I have uploaded the whole last session when Russ and I were pushing each other to get PB's. Managed to get two 1:35 laps in before the rears packed up and went home - as Russ can attest to the middle of the rears were bald. The 'unintentional' drifing starts around the 4:50mark....

Finally, the off....quite clear what happened, was in 4th at around 170km/h (indicated by the speedo) hit the ripple strip on the inside which upset the grip and sent me understeering off the track. Naturally being in 4th I didn't have the responsive boost to pull me out of it and I was just a passenger. Russ was the car that went past after the white Emo soon after I *eventually* came to a stop....

Enjoy :D

Nice videos Ant, well done :(

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^ good time.

I saw your car in the pits and meant to say hi, didnt get around to it. next time.

ya the standard rotor size shit me too, once they warm up, youre stuffed.

i went the uas spacers http://nismo.com.au/pricelists/pricelist_skylinebrakes.htm (do not get the dba4000's)

but looking back, i would have gone ksport/d2/g4 http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...=433&page=2

Thanks man. Hmmm, maybe sell up and get a racecar......

Awesome vids Ant!

So glad you put "The Off" up, its great.

and Awesome driving Ant and Russ!

Still dont know how you pulled that off Russell....its just not normal. Good race prep I guess :(

Here is one of my feeble attempts at a 37.

Nice. What tyres are on your car? What sort of power? Il have to come say gday next time, didnt get much of a chance to mingle with the format used on the weekend, it was flat out!

John, good vid man...you are hustling that car around for great times considering the tyres. What camera/package/software thingies-stuff are you using. Its great footage.

...PS, do you find the car being a bit pushy to be quicker, or its just how the car handles?

Well off came the manifold to turbz gasket is morning. all good, wriggle the turbo around, pull the old one off and put the new one on...

Ya, um. with the nuts done up tight, looks like there is still a air gap in the middle....housing flange warped...

I hope its the turbo housing anyway, as i don't want to take the manifold off (bitch).

Well off comes the turbo tomorrow for a better look. Off to the machinist during the week and ready for AROCA Winton on Sunday...

th_gasket3.jpg

th_gasket2.jpg

th_gasket1.jpg

Sanyo Xacti GC-10 (720p, SD card camcorder)

Nokia E63 + 5hz bluetooth GPS + Racechrono software

racechrono exports to csv (vbox and kml as well) so you can convert to video through racechrono to avi.

cut the track video together with the timing using adobe premier, Pinnacle Studio etc.

John, good vid man...you are hustling that car around for great times considering the tyres. What camera/package/software thingies-stuff are you using. Its great footage.

...PS, do you find the car being a bit pushy to be quicker, or its just how the car handles?

Here is one of my feeble attempts at a 37.

Good times John. That's smooth driving. I think you need to push it a little harder :D

I'll get my vids up sometime soon.

Good times John. That's smooth driving. I think you need to push it a little harder :D

I'll get my vids up sometime soon.

get the vids up! ha

i was trying to drive as smooth as possible. i have a tendency to push to hard at winton.

in other news.

th_01082010160.jpg

th_01082010156.jpg

th_01082010164.jpg

Sanyo Xacti GC-10 (720p, SD card camcorder)

Nokia E63 + 5hz bluetooth GPS + Racechrono software

racechrono exports to csv (vbox and kml as well) so you can convert to video through racechrono to avi.

cut the track video together with the timing using adobe premier, Pinnacle Studio etc.

:D errr, what... :D Is this stuff easy and cheap to do ? Or do i have to fly to the moon in a home engineered space craft for take away ? :):D

its pretty easy. just select your csv file from racechrono to avi, select the laps you want to export.

post-59171-1280695814_thumb.jpg

you get an avi file at the end of it.

drop the race footage and the racechrono avi into pinnacle or pre