SAU Community

Just Bought My First Car

Its an r33 gts-t, picked up for 5 grand cash ;)

Stock as a rock, but fitting a BOV and new gasket this weekend.

Probably in the wrong forum, but couldnt find a better one

What do ya think? Good car for an L plater(;

post-75003-1278639843_thumb.jpg

post-75003-1278639902_thumb.jpg

Not a bad start. I hope you're in one of the states that don't have any p plater restrictions otherwise you will have a tough time getting through your p plates.

WA plates - no restricitons... YET

mate nice 33 just please dont rap it around a pole or try and impress your friends on the street, they already have a bad enough rep.

also how did you find that for 5K ??? whats wrong with it?

Yeah, don't put the BOV on unless you are fitting the stock BOV back on, which you should already have.

ROFL +1

Congrats on the purchase though... looks pretty good for the price - anything wrong with it?

to answer the OP's questions of "What do ya think? Good car for an L plater", for 5 grand i wonder what's wrong with it, and no i don't think it's a good car for an L plater.

and as was said above, just leave the stock bov on there. don't rice ti up with an atmo bov. if you want to hear the stock bov more then put a higher flowing air filter on it.

• Like 1

your car will have stalling issues if you put a atmo bov on a stock rb25det, don't waste your money and time, just do what mad said and get a high flow panel filter & fmic and you will here the stock plumb back one, and if your after a pod aswell, it is useless unless you fully enclose it, high flow filter is enough flow for now.

• Like 1

Its an r33 gts-t, picked up for 5 grand cash :)

Stock as a rock, but fitting a BOV and new gasket this weekend.

Probably in the wrong forum, but couldnt find a better one

What do ya think? Good car for an L plater(;

So.. Head gasket??.... "old mate was real honest, it was perfect apart from the headgasket going, and that was only because of the plastic bag that got stuck in the radiator, and nothing else is damaged at all, he was real sad to see it go, he really wanted to fix it, because it is a cheap fix, but his wife just had 10 kids and he has to buy a people mover...."

There is no such thing as a cheap Skyline... Let's pray that with this one clearly having major issues it will not be fast enough to get wrapped around a pole...

nice buy mate, but the wheels, exhaust and wing i noticed in pics arent from factory.

i dont think ive ever seen any skyline go for $5,000, well nothing that has a motor or driveline attached.

you bought privately i assume? i'd get it taken to a mechanic asap to get everything checked out, just to be sure.

oh.. and heed the advice on these forums is my advice :)

Edited by LANDSCRIBBLE

i dont think ive ever seen any skyline go for $5,000, well nothing that has a motor or driveline attached.

I got my 32 for $5k

It ran, but it sure needed some TLC... still needs some now TBH.

congrats to OP on the score. Heed everyone's advice and have her checked out though. Last thing you need is a faulty bilge pump!!

Aha, had a good laugh reading through all the comments(;

The 'gasket' is referring to replacing/repairing the rocker roller cover, which is leaking a few drips of oil. Had a qualified mechanic mate come out with me to have a look at it, just using his terms.

The only other problem would be the rear suspension bushings, which id consider fairly worn. Before I get my license i'll get them replaced.

Also done 172xxxkms, hence reasoning for the price. Besides that mechanically A1 :P

Just picked up a K&N pod filter (from someone on here), which is going in tomorrow.

Theres also a large fmic (from a vl turbo kit) going on in a few weeks. Mate said it should suit fine, anyone with experience care to enlighten?

Dont worry, you wont see this wrapped around a pole on 7 News anytime soon(;

Edited by L-Plater

Aha, had a good laugh reading through all the comments(;

The 'gasket' is referring to replacing/repairing the rocker roller cover, which is leaking a few drips of oil. Had a qualified mechanic mate come out with me to have a look at it, just using his terms.

The only other problem would be the rear suspension bushings, which id consider fairly worn. Before I get my license i'll get them replaced.

Also done 172xxxkms, hence reasoning for the price. Besides that mechanically A1 :D

Just picked up a K&N pod filter (from someone on here), which is going in tomorrow.

Theres also a large fmic (from a vl turbo kit) going on in a few weeks. Mate said it should suit fine, anyone with experience care to enlighten?

Dont worry, you wont see this wrapped around a pole on 7 News anytime soon(;

Gonna need a full hektik stereo and a much bigger wing before you can run with us real racers :P

vindff_575.jpg