SAU Community

R33 Power Window Helppp

hey guys not sure if this is the right section or anything but i was just wandering if anyone has replaced a power window motor?

its on the drivers side and i have the door skin etc off and i just can't seem to line it up right.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Hey mate haven't need to yet, but.... I only bought the car 3 weeks ago and the previous owner had the driver side disconnected as it was winding itself up on it's on own, So I have no idea how to go about re-enabling the window, i'll watch this space as it might be on the cards :S

Get a little mirror and put it in the door so you can sort of see what your doing. Its a lot of fidgeting around until basically you have stuck the motor under that plate. I used a screw driver with one hand to try and wedge the plate open so I could slide the motor in and eventually when it was in enough I put the screws back and that was that.

I had to replace the motor about 8 months ago, so its a bit hard for me to remember exactly what i did. I do however remember taking a picture of the screws with marks beside them. The marks showed where to align the window in conjunction with the arm of the motor so it goes up and down properly.

I also remember to get the motor out i had to either have the window fully up, or fully down, one of the 2. The job is very fidely , so +1 to using a small mirror and also watching your fingers when puting it all back in lol, scared the shit outve me when my old man accidently dropped the window while i was putting the motor back in.

Hope this helps.