SAU Community

Problem Wif My Rb20det

regor

hey guys and girl...

i am havin few problems wif rb20det...

first of i recently been haing proble wif it starting when hot... say i come off the highway get home... let in wind down and turn it off... then come back 5 mins later it just wond over and over and wont start sometimess if u pumpit it will start then die again... i dont no wat it could be i checked plugs, coil packs ,afm.. and the all seem to be fine (tried them on another car)...

anyone no what it could be...

second...

this might be causing my first problem... dont no but...

i am seeming to pushing out alot of oil in my catch can.. i mean alot i almost filled the thing in way day...

wat would cause this... i have benn told rb's are known for doing this.. but i didnt think it was that much oil...

any help would be awsome

thanks roger

hey guys and girls,

i am having a few problems with my rb20det.

first off i recently been haing problems with it starting when hot. say i come off the highway, get home, let in wind down and turn it off. when i come back 5 mins later it just cranks over and over and wont start, sometimes if you pump it, it will start then die again. i dont know what it could be, i checked the spark plugs, coil packs, and air flow meter. they all seem to be fine (tried them on another car to confirm).

anyone know what it could be?

second,

this might be causing my first problem though i am not sure,

i seem to be getting alot of oil in my catch can. i mean alot, i almost filled the thing in one day.

what would cause this? i have been told rb's are known for doing this, but i didnt think it was that much oil.

any help would be awesome

thanks roger

there i helped people read it.

yeah my spelling and typing isnt the best...i'll try to keep decent..

umm all i have done in mods is front mount and fuel pump..

i did do a search and it came up wif.. to check plugs / coild packs and afm for not starting...

and if my rings wear gone wouldnt throw lots of wite / blue smoke out the zorst.?

cheers roger

Edited by regor

mine didnt smoke one bit from the exhaust, prob coz i didnt have my breather plumbed into my intake, it was breathing through my catch can filter..

a compression test wont be nearly as useful as a leak down test - get both done and then you will know, but when my old CA18 started filling up the catch can and FMIC pipes i knew the rings were gone

rb20 motor is cheap as chips anyway ~ 1k