SAU Community

Repco Car Display/bbq Round 2

BIT SUS

correct

plus i was at times the only person manning the table and noone liked the suggestive sell technique, however i was very gratefull to Damo and Sam and Andrew for there help, would of just liked more even though there was no sales

i think maybe people don't associate repco with BBQ's either and the weather

hahahaha u were pushing those sausages like a dealer outside a high school.

If i find time to get the power steering working, i'll come along in the 32

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So has anyone officially put their hand up for BBQ duties? I suck at handling money, but I don't mind helping on the BBQ itself, but have NFI where to get the club banner, etc.

Steve - do you still have the meat frozen from last time?

dear mr nigel,

if i dont end up at winton for whatever reason my pig should be in one colour (primer grey, gonna re-do bits and pieces next weekend so its all uniform again haha), caged up, on my baby eating 18's and slammed on new coilies if you need another car.

but again... all depends on winton.

<3 you long time

;)

Edited by SkyHi_33

I am pretty sure I have the SAU banner in my bag of tricks Nigel .... let me know if you want to come get it from me (I am in Northgate FYI). Or I can try get it to someone in the display.

Yeah for the last bbq SAU:SA spent nearly $200 on gear and barely recouped a quarter of that. I reckon you should just go to the butcher up the road and buy $40 of cheap-ass sausages, then with the other $10 get a couple of loaves of bread and some sauce.

Yeh - I know where you live ;) , and I might swing past your place over the next week Andrew. And I'm sorry to hear that the club was at such a loss. I didn't know so much was spent!

Oh yeah of course you do ;)

... and don't worry about the club - we over-catered (as always - better too much than not enough) and we still have plenty of meat left in the freezer for future events. Drinks too for that matter (unless Steve has drunk them all already ;) )

It really is very scary when catering for a bbq all the hidden costs involved. Until you do it, you wouldn't believe it. Of course you can do it for relatively cheap on the bones of your ass, but Steve likes to get the nice quality snags, good quality bread (and lots of it), decent amount of condiments, onions, different varieties of drinks, and all the trimmings, so it doesn't take long for the costs to blow out.

hahahaha Marko

try $208 for last BBQ, having done a cub scout bbq at bunnings next door iv'e seen how a proper club does a bbq granted they have more traffic through there doors and they had a sausage warmer on the bbq 2

i bought enough snags for 140 people to eat aprox. and im guessing we may have sold 60-70 plus the staff ate free i thought was a nice touch and guaranteed we got called back

and no they were'nt gourmet snags they were the cheap ones ;) bread was cheap no printing on the bags ;)

hahahaha Marko

try $208 for last BBQ, having done a cub scout bbq at bunnings next door iv'e seen how a proper club does a bbq granted they have more traffic through there doors and they had a sausage warmer on the bbq 2

i bought enough snags for 140 people to eat aprox. and im guessing we may have sold 60-70 plus the staff ate free i thought was a nice touch and guaranteed we got called back

and no they were'nt gourmet snags they were the cheap ones :D bread was cheap no printing on the bags :D

who buys gourmet sausages for a bbq fund raiser thingo

SURRRRRRRRRRRE , people around my area do , they also have lobster and caviar

but just hit up woolies for snags n bread cheap cheap

who buys gourmet sausages for a bbq fund raiser thingo

SURRRRRRRRRRRE , people around my area do , they also have lobster and caviar

but just hit up woolies for snags n bread cheap cheap

bbq'ed lobster and caviar at mitchs joint tonite ya'll

re sausages, i never buy from a supermarket - for the price u pay theyre rather shit - go to a wholesaler like austral and get the higher quality sausages for the same price the supermarket sells the shitty ones for

wasnt too hard to cater for the lads at loxton last year but obviously that was for under 20 people as opposed to 50-100 that you'd expect at a sausage sizzle.. can't win unless u do what steve's done and freeze the leftovers

-D